• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Didn't sleep well, but managed 8.89km walk this morning, so already hit the 10,000 steps.
    It was murky when we went out, but that's clearing up and I can even see some blue sky.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with fluff, some flecked with grey. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 15 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1017 mBar.

On the 278 bus to Harlington Corner which was held at Hayes and Harlington Station for a while thus allowing the faster SL9 to overtake.

Slowly mending, but far from 100%, but am making the effort to be on site as I have a meeting this afternoon to find out whether I will be extended at the end of April.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

The sun's just emerging from cloud, but the cloud's expected to beat it back in an hour or two. Fairly mild again at 7°C rising to 14°, and the barometers are trivially up at 1001/1009mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today's viewing was the inevitable Canadian borders and NZ roads stuff. And this evening, new episodes of Ambulance and 24 Hours in A&E plus an old one of the latter

And somewhere along the way I for some reason started to look on the old maps site of the National Library of Scotland for the place in Ireland where my grandmother was born (which turns out to be in Co. Mayo), which then led to additional Googling, as a result of which I now find myself perusing a mid-19th century valuation of the land and house belonging to, I think, my great great grandfather on my great grandmother's side

Monday again tomorrow. Very much ready for Easter now

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Today’s the first anniversary of Millie going to sleep.
    <- manly

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: a roast chicken dinner. Rather than the usual corn fed chicken I got a TTD free range one, and the D that I could T was that it wasn't quite as flavoursome. Still very nice though

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Almost got up early today but decided not to and ended up sleeping for an extra couple of hours, so I shall assume I needed it and have done the sensible thing

Grey out again, with evidence of showers. Currently 11°C and expected to get all the way to 15°, but the barometers have reversed course, being back down to 1000/1008mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^

I still miss my cat who departed in 2010.

Morning.

Sunday.

Dreary.

Grey.

Drizzling side of damp.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of September 2019 NF's "wot's this 'ere" ear was much improved and no longer pustulent, there was a discussion of bacon rollery, whereas WTFH was away, presumably on holiday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom which managed to lift sufficiently for me to see my shadow for all of two minutes.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The Food Programme on about vegan & all that interspersed with Iolo Williams exploring ancient roads, canals & railways Yng Nghymru, like.

Click on BBC News: One small step for man etc.

Freecell score: 83%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Septic border control. <click>

Stonehenge: digging up Britain's past on 5+1.

Am Dro. Llangollen. Llyn Ogwen. Machynlleth. Pembroke, Porthstinian.

Have I Got News for Boris Johnson on Blaze: A tribute to the useless twat. Very funny.

Mega Disasters: Dam break on Blaze.

Y Detectif on S4C. Body in the Bag. Sabine. The woman who offed her husband with a stone frog then kept his body wrapped up in plastic outside for a mere 18 years.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 March 2024, 19:26.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    It’s overcast out.
    Today’s the first anniversary of Millie going to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Once again there were lots of wildlife programmes on the box, including Monkey Life with news of two new chimpanzees who are soon to arrive from Argentina

And this evening's reading has been Inside Hitler's Bunker by Joachim Fest, one of the books on which the film Downfall is based, the other being former secretary Traudl Junge's memoirs, which I read a few years ago

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X