• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been lamb shank in a red wine and redcurrant sauce, with chips and peas. Rather tasty, though even in the InstantPot™ it took a while

Accompanied by a new episode of Forensics: The Real CSI, because what you want with your meal is somebody describing the business of removing a dead body from the chest freezer in which it has lain concealed (and unfrozen) for two years

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sausage butties for lunch - cold ones, with red sauce in white bloomer

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sun is shining.
    Replacement belts for the ride-on have arrived and the local service guy is going to call round later in the week to decide whether it's worth repairing or not.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 12.5 in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, 9 deg in the saltinghouse.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi, (up from 999 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of September NF had a "what's this (coming out of my) ear, 'ere" when the pustule burst, whilst I watched the egg of "Nixon", and there was much debate about tea and teas and the like.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Shanks' out & shanks' back.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Naturally enough they didn't have the skimmed milk I wanted though Tesco had loads. I'm not walking all the way out there again.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the usual assortment of stuff.

Oz customs thing. I've see the chap from Malaya with chocolate tins full of excreted coke pellets before, and the Chinese woman with the bug eaten peach. Don't remember the woman with the infested suitcase though.

Shirts in off the line & in the TD.

Shirts out of the TD and duly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Smalls & bath towel in off the line & in the TD.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line & in the TD.

Those cottons requiring the iRon met it & are airing upstairs.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> <click>

UFO Hunters: Rendlesham Forest yet again.

The Mentalist S1 E11

NCIS S20 E7 "Love Lost". that was quite amusing.

Car SOS S11 E8 JCB digger Rover SD1. Hope this is better than last week's mondeo tediium. Stone me that took some repairing. Even more welding than the mondeo. New MOT passed last week.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 March 2024, 22:59.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast and damp out, but our early walk was over 7km which was good.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Gloomy grey morning out, still looking very damp despite the rain having stopped yesterday evening. Currently 6°C and maybe getting to 9°; the barometers are creeping back up at 994/1002mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The rain finally moved on

Today saw the usual Canadian and NZ stuff, though still less of it than there used to be

And this evening involved new episodes of Ambulance and 24 Hours in A&E, along with a couple of old episodes of the latter for good measure

Tea, by the way, was a bowl of scouse

Monday again tomorrow. Ah well, soon be Easter

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: sausages and bacon in buttered bloomer toast

Raining a lot more now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    To not-as-big Sainsbury's I did go, primarily to deliver a couple of bags of clothes that are surplus to requirements to the Oxfam clothes-and-stuff bank. But both bins were full to overflowing when I got there, so the clothes will have to stay in the boot for now. So I just popped in and got a couple of small bits I needed, and so home again

This did, however, make me realise how much of an irritation the ongoing problem with the car's slowly-deflating wheel was. I may well not have bothered if I'd had to spend a few minutes faffing around blowing up the tyre in the rain rather than just being able to hop in and go, as is usual with cars

Leave a comment:

Working...
X