• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    MMtSH decided he wanted to get up at 6am. As a result of which, I've done a 7.25km walk and a total of 8,821 steps so far this morning.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Another grey start but not as foggy this time, though still slightly so. Currently 4°C and once again expected to get to 10°, as the barometers clamber up a bit further to 1012/1020mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea tonight was oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

And tonight's viewing started with a repeat of the Brighton cops thing, followed by Why Planes Vanish: The Hunt for MH370 on iPlayer. Nothing much new except some guy's conjecture that analysis of WSPR radio signal data could show where it is, a hypothesis which is now being tested by researchers at Liverpool University and may suggest a search location that hasn't been looked at yet

Then some reading of the Metal documentation, as I probably stand a better chance of getting somewhere with it if I know about it

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Evening all

Foggy this morning. Blue with fluff this afternoon. Dry overall. Can't remember the temps. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Third day in a row being present. No more of that this week, thank goodness. Another good drive to / from Heathrow today. It helps to be going against the main flow of traffic in both directions.

I have a very stiff neck and it's making all sorts of crunchy noises when I move it.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    My Apple TV informs me, via my phone, that there's a new series of 24 Hours in A&E
    and about time too.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My Apple TV informs me, via my phone, that there's a new series of 24 Hours in A&E

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Scotch broth and a chunk of wholemeal

My freezer is unwell; not the builtin fridge-freezer, but the under-the-counter one I originally got at the old flat. It now lives in the study as there's nowhere else for it to go, and given how small the builtin one is, it has the majority of my food in it

It's still going, but I need to keep the boost button on at all times, and it's only just managing to maintain around -16°C rather than the -18° it should be at. The boost automatically turns off after two days, and then it only takes one or two acts of getting stuff out for it to drop down to -12° and set its alarm off; luckily, that isn't very loud.

I'm hoping it'll keep going long enough for me to run down the stocks and clear up various boxes and stuff that are piled up everywhere in there, so there's room for an engineer to have a look and decide if it's worth saving

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Going to a local cabaret tomorrow, says dressing up encouraged. One of the ladies at the old arty farty group yesterday brought me a bright red wig to wear. Can't make up me mind whether to wear it or not.
    Go for it, you could pretend to be Angela Rayner and do the leg crossing performance !

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Going to a local cabaret tomorrow, says dressing up encouraged. One of the ladies at the old arty farty group yesterday brought me a bright red wig to wear. Can't make up me mind whether to wear it or not.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 11.7 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 7.5 deg in the leanto.

1016.5 mBar, 30.01 in Hg, 762.44 Torr, 14.743 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of September 2019 there was a mother's meeting of s in Spoons in Swansea and I returned hence with another 8" of dvds, those far off days when I was still visiting charity shops and the like, NF had bully beef butties on brown bread for lunch, his ear was still problematic so he made an appointment to see the quack, also his flat was cooling down greatly, having reached the temperature of 21 deg C for the first time since May (I made that last bit up, the May bit, not the 21 bit).

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Defective machine in Barclays ate my card (the same machine that would not let me pay my CC on Monday) and a bald ugly mother****er told me to stop swearing.

Just assembling the necessary to open accounts somewhere else.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: <click>

NZ customs thing: Eastern Eurpoean coke smugglers: Large bricks of Coke marked "BMW": gaol sentences from 14 to 26 years, the Crown asked for Life. Other than that the usual meth, ephedrine, etc.

Canadian customs thing Repeat, thusly: Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine. Phew wot a scorcher.

Oz customs thing: herbs: confiscated, they must have been feeling benign since there was no fine. LOL with over $10k stuffed down her knickers. Oh dear(tm). $16k as it happens, now a bit less due to the fine. MDMA in a chess set from Brazil. Chinese "food" update: chicken feet: confiscated along with a fine selection of other stuff.

Tea: soup etc.

UFO hunters: dog fighting UFOs: sounds like a very unwise idea to me.

The Mentalist S1 E8.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Lady with lipoma. Lady with acne. Lady with lympho something or other after varicose vein removal.

Dr Pimple Popper. Body builder with lipomas. Woman with ?keloids? on her face: turned out not to be keloids, granuloma something or other instead after a punch biopsy. Chap with a big feck off cyst on the back of his head.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 March 2024, 23:13.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    A proper winter's morning - clear blue skies, sunshine, frost on the windscreens of the cars, crunchy grass. Beautiful walking weather (apart from the bit where we were walking back along our lane with the sun streaming into my eyes)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X