• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

I thought it was a spaniel?

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Glad to hear The DogTW liked it! It's a good place for a meander
    I thought it was a spaniel?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A very enjoyable day pottering around, with some direction (no control) from Mr Fitz. Over 15,000 steps done, with 6km of that being meandering around Bradgate Park with The DogTW, who is now exhausted and ready for a big sleep on the drive home.
    Glad to hear The DogTW liked it! It's a good place for a meander

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A very enjoyable day pottering around, with some direction (no control) from Mr Fitz. Over 15,000 steps done, with 6km of that being meandering around Bradgate Park with The DogTW, who is now exhausted and ready for a big sleep on the drive home.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A visit to the old flat yielded up, among other things, one of two 2x2 Kallax units with drawer (top) and cupboard (bottom) insets. As expected, I can only get one in the car at a time, and that by putting the back seat down and taking out the luggage space roof thingy. But carrying one down and out to the car is a bit of a pain anyway, more because of bulk than weight, so I'm happy to leave the other one until tomorrow. In the meantime, I can do some unpacking and such at this end

And while I was over there, I popped across the side road to Iceland to stock up on frozen Greggs comestibles

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Heinz Big Soup of the Chicken and Vegetable variety had for lunch.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny with high wispy stuff, and not as cold overnight as it has been, though it's also not getting much warmer: 1°C now, maybe reaching 4° this afternoon. The barometers are up a bit more at 1025/1034mB

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Is NF still up?
    No, I just forgot to sign off after getting distracted giving WTFH some pointers about a nice place to walk The Dog

But there isn't any TV viewing to report anyway, as last night I finished off Double Cross and then started reading Rob Hutton's Agent Jack, all about MI5's pursuit of Fifth Columnists during WWII

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Cold in here at 10.1 deg, 9.5 deg in the kitchen, 7 deg in the leanto, 3 deg in the saltinghouse.

1034.5 mBar, 30.548 in Hg, 775.94 Torr, 15.004 psi, (up from 1032 last night), 65% RH (GDR hair), 58% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing nicely.

Meanwhile on the 17th of April 2019 NF discussed the recent installation by Sky of a new piece of coax sans any sign of a new dish while I was disappointed to find that what I'd thought was the 1939 movie was in fact the 1923 version of "Hunchback of Notre Damme".

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

"They" are chopping down a couple of pine trees near the castle (that's the castle castle rather than the hotel castle, to be clear though it might be behind what used to be the Moose Hall until The Moose moved to what used to be the Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall down by the bridge, this last being about 200 years younger than the old Moose Hall).

Awaiting the end of the cottons spell in the WM so I can peg them out on the line before trudging out to Tesco.

The sheer excitement of my life knows few bounds.

It's curiously cold out there today.

The WM is doing the "0:02" thing. It's caught it off the TD. .

Cottons pegged out on the line.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Missed the 34 bus back across the river coz the bus stop only has the timetable for the 204.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.66 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO. Some thing about illegal waste dumping. Didn't Di Deee Di do a thing about that a couple of years ago with that Brian Aldridge being fined for it? What would Walter Gabriel have said (assuming we could understand him)?

Peak barometer made 1035 mBar, but it's down to 1034 now.

Washing came back in off the line about as wet as going out.

Cottons in the TD. In batches.

Freecell score: 100% (of 3), running average 85%.

Tea: Morrisons meatballs in tomato sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (until it went <clcik> because I find the presenter irritating).

Wheeler Dealers S17 E3 1997 Fiat Coupe 20V turbo: bought: £2750, Total: £3710, Sold: £6k to the other party who'd made an offer to the original seller, who'd have thunk? . Changed the timing belt (yes you have to lift the engine halfway out), uprated turbo, remapped ECU (with one of Elvis' mates for a mere £200 ), sport manifold, water cooling spray for the intercooler.

Original bhp: 184, uprated bhp: 309, uprated bhp with intercooler spray: 318.

MOT expires end of March. Who'd have thunk? A 1997 Fiat that isn't baked bean cans. It's a miracle, I tells you, a miracle!

Cottons out of the TD and the bits that required iRoning got iRoned. All airing over the banisters now.

Fred Dibnah's Made in Britain: The Engineering Workshop.

Joy of Painting E7: more fecking seascapes: the beach. Bastard fan heater woke me up. . I'm still unimpressed with seascapes but YMMV.

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E8: the chap who wanted a lump removed before his GF got out of prison. . Watched it before.

The Oak Island Nutjobbery S9 E18 "Playing the Dunfield": they've spelt it wrong it's "dungfield" surely, as in "we ain't found tulip again this week".

The beard has found another piece of concrete on the washtable. .

I reckon it came from FDR's gumboot..

Love the adverts for gentlemen's stiffeners that accompany this epic waste of time, money & energy. .

They reach the bottom of the can and decide to start another one: the curiously named DH82.

And this week's significant "finds" on This Week We Ain't Found tulipe is: the sole of a leather shoe from the 13th C, more fecking wood from the new can, and the aforementioned chunk of concrete from the previous one.

Secrets in the Ice: Mystery of the Glacier Mummy: feck me there's a lot of mummies in glaciers it would seem.

Fishlock's Choice on ITV1W: wanders around the Rhondda (20 years ago, he's too old to do it now).

He visited the Workmen's Club & Institute in Maerdy and I wondered if it was still there.

Naturally enough it closed in 2002 (shortly after the programme was made) and was demolished in 2007ish. There's a grass square there now.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2023, 09:46.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X