• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoggoth
    replied
    The latest Private Eye didn't arrive in yesterday's post
    I assume you got yer Viz. All that matters.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My copy of Private Eye arrived on time.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch was gammon in a wholemeal bap with a bag of wholemeal crisps. It was supposed to eb roast pork, but I got the wrong bag out of the freezer to thaw this morning. Nice enough, anyway

The latest Private Eye didn't arrive in yesterday's post, which was mildly annoying but not unusual. Then it didn't arrive in today's, which was more annoying. But then I realised my subscription had run out

It was paid for by my parents, them having gifted me the subscription probably over ten years ago now. But the Direct Debit will have been cancelled when their accounts were closed. So I had to go on the web site and renew it myself

I assume subscriptions start with the next issue, which means I'll have to buy the current issue in a shop like an animal

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Gosh. Mention of a dresser and a sideboard brings back memories: the dresser (ancient, probably from my great grandfather, previously inhabited by chicken, painted in some curious ancient paint went 40 years ago for £600 IIRC, the sideboard went in 2018 when the house was cleared).

Morning.

Thursday.

Damp.

Misty.

Hints of drizzle.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1024.5 mBar, 30.253 in Hg, 768.4 Torr, 14.859 psi, (up from 1020.5 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of September 2019 there was much discussion of "A town called Alice", Hellboy (reboot), with the weather being grey & misty.

Shopping trip to Aldi & Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: cheesy beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: Toast: something called ?vines? on Twitter.

TWATO.

Freecell score: 100% (of 2 , running average: 86%.

Veronica Mars S1 E8 "Like a virgin": naughty people stealing passwords.

Tea: chilli con carne etc. (tinned).

The Mentalist S2 E11 "Rose coloured glasses": the high skool reunion one. Why does anyone in their right mind go to these? Every time I walk to Tesco/Aldi I remember that I was glad to leave skool 52 years ago.

Trucking Hell S7 E2: a repeat. S8 E11 being expected. S7 E3 this time next week.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 April 2024, 20:10.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy but dry after yesterday's rain. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1028 mBar.

In ongoing cough news, I still have a cough but it is much less frequent. However, I have a band of pain around my chest which gets worse each time I cough and occasionally eases off enough to trick me into thinking it's going away. The cough itself seems to close up my throat, making breathing quite hard work for a few seconds. Considering you need to breathe in to cough out, it makes for a very uncomfortable time. Called the GP as I've had a cough in one form or another for a good month now, and the dragon receptionist said that there's a lot of coughs about at the moment and they won't see anyone unless it's lasted at least 6 weeks (double the NHS guidelines of 3 weeks).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    The dog was up and pacing round at about 2am, which made me wonder if his pre-dinner fresh wild rabbit was maybe upsetting his stomach. It wasn't, but I had to get up to make sure.
    Slept in and only managed about 5km walk before work. It's overcast but dry and the house is warm.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start again, but not really overcast - it looks as if it might loosen up leading to sunny spells soon, though it may not. Mild and heading for warm, being 12°C already with 19° expected later. The barometers are up a little more at 1014/1022mB

I see I neglected to sign out last night, which may be taken as evidence that I was feeling very tired; the light getting through the flimsy blind the previous owner installed in the bedroom continues to wake me too early, so I should really see about ordering those blackout curtains I've thought about. For the record: no more telly, no programming, read some more of Shepperton Babylon, and got to bed not long after half ten

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sideboard and dresser swapped around. Cupboard being reorganised. All in what is now quite a hot house.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Accompanied by the latest episode of the Brighton cops thing

The weather improved somewhat but I couldn't be bothered to go shopping, so I'll have to do that tomorrow instead

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    New radiators installed and working. The plumber had a go at getting the new thermostat & controller working, but the existing thermostat appears to be overriding them. He's called in a sparks to sort it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X