• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post

That is a very good question happychap.

And if I see any more links pointing to Town and Country, I will take action. (I have already removed them from the above posts).
    Sorry, I didn't realise we weren't allowed to put links in posts. I was just trying to help point out their FCA membership (and hence the fact that they're more vulnerable to formal procedures)

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

Sorry, I didn't realise we weren't allowed to put links in posts. I was just trying to help point out their FCA membership (and hence the fact that they're more vulnerable to formal procedures)
      The rules for links is does the link add value. A link to a bunch of debt collectors really doesn't unless you've found a flaw in their process that could be used against them.

And you need a lot more evidence beyond I don't like it for the FCA to do anything. So I wouldn't be complaining now you should be doing so only when you have the evidence that they are chasing up debts that aren't valid because then you might get somewhere. At the moment you will look like someone pulling tricks to avoid paying money that is due...
      Last edited by eek; 28 February 2023, 18:21.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Were it not for the photo of the letter posted I would agree with you but I suspect at least 1 of the new posters is above board.

The others who seem to be providing "advice" I'm not so sure about.

Personally I would be asking them to provide evidence that any money is owed but I wouldn't be providing a signature unless it's really changed over the past x years.
        Fair to say you are referring to me. Not sure I have explicity provided advice and any pointers I have provided, have all been from websites such as the Citizens advice bureau etc. I don't need to prove my validity as a geniune poster or not. The irony is that some people who have posted here way longer than me have made some very dubious points whilst admitting they were not even caught up in these schemes. What is the motive here then from them? I won't sit here and pin point posts etc as it is not important.

Anyway back to the real issue....i too recieved the same letter but only got to it yesterday as I have been away from my house. The letter is a total joke. I have spoken to one of the groups today and are feeling a bit less stressed/anxious. The individual/expert I spoke to actually stated things with regards to my case which will work for me (even though a poster said it may not). The important thing here is to get some help if you are not entirely sure what to do. The named groups are all still active.

I was hoping more people would come forward and report they have been contacted. It could be that they have picked only a handful of people to chase. There seems to be a real correlation between my case and the case of the other person who has reported it on here.
        Last edited by looperevil; 1 March 2023, 01:28.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The rules for links is does the link add value. A link to a bunch of debt collectors really doesn't unless you've found a flaw in their process that could be used against them.

And you need a lot more evidence beyond I don't like it for the FCA to do anything. So I wouldn't be complaining now you should be doing so only when you have the evidence that they are chasing up debts that aren't valid because then you might get somewhere. At the moment you will look like someone pulling tricks to avoid paying money that is due...
          The evidence is already there in the letter. It is more than enough to launch a complaint

Comment

I drove past W28 registered office last week ... a modern tower block covered in smog and grime with very little activity in and around the building. Had a whiff of North Korea about it.

Has anyone challenged W28 with regards to a DSAR? Any reply?

Comment

Originally posted by shampoo View Post
              I drove past W28 registered office last week ... a modern tower block covered in smog and grime with very little activity in and around the building. Had a whiff of North Korea about it.

Has anyone challenged W28 with regards to a DSAR? Any reply?
              You too, like many other companies can also have your company office registered at that same building, the same address as W28.. for the princely sum of £1.78 per week!!! They will process your incoming mail and forward it onto your real address, and forward on your phone calls, so your clients can truly believe you are prestigious organisation operating from the centre of London.

Virtual Office Service In London (yourvirtualofficelondon.co.uk)
              Last edited by hudson; 1 March 2023, 13:01.

Comment

Not sure. But I think these guys have been "sold" a dud by Felicitas (assuming they were not in on it with Felicitas).

It sounds like Town and Country have a list of names, amounts "owed" and addresses. I doubt they will even respond to any proof of debt requests. Also seems from a conversation I just had thats they haven't contacted too many people yet. The lack of people posting on here on this matter may possibly back this up.

Comment

I'm confused here.......

So are T&C are trying to recover an alleged debt on behalf of W28 ? Quite what that debt could possibly be seems a bit of a mystery, seeing as that latter refers to the "Loan Charge", which unless I'm sorely mistaken relates to HMRC, and as other have said HMRC do not employee outfits like W28 or T&C to recover debts for them. In addition, if you "owed" HMRC any money, they would be hounding you, so it's not like you wouldn't know that they had instructed debt collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
                    I'm confused here.......

So are T&C are trying to recover an alleged debt on behalf of W28 ? Quite what that debt could possibly be seems a bit of a mystery, seeing as that latter refers to the "Loan Charge", which unless I'm sorely mistaken relates to HMRC, and as other have said HMRC do not employee outfits like W28 or T&C to recover debts for them. In addition, if you "owed" HMRC any money, they would be hounding you, so it's not like you wouldn't know that they had instructed debt collectors.
                    It seems Felicitas have sold the debt to W28 (suitable paperwork should have been sent to everyone saying as much.

W28 have since told T&C what the debt relates to which is of course complete gibberish but I think it's s lot of chinese whispers.

However, I will repeat what you say, HMRC don't sell debts to anyone so given the gibberish in the letter I would be going back and asking T&C to provide the paperwork to back up the claim.

And if they ask for you to send that in writing don't sign it in case W28 are the dodgy ****ers most people on here expect them to be.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
                      I'm confused here.......

Exactly this. The letter alone these clowns have sent is enough to raise a complaint to the FCA etc.

I won't be raising a dispute myself now - I have decided that I would rather leave it to an expert to deal with. It is not worth my effort raising complaints etc as these people will get what is coming to them irrespective of what I do

Comment

Working...
                      X