• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is, if eek told the court that the £1000 was actually a gift and the loan agreement was just for appearances sake then a Judge might not be willing to issue a debt order without a witness statement from the original "lender" DealorNoDeal.

And DealorNoDeal would be committing the criminal offence of perjury if he stated under oath it was a genuine loan that needed to be repaid.

------------------

The original scheme providers told too many people that the loans would never need to be repaid. There's no way they would risk perjury just to help Felicitas.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      The thing is, if eek told the court that the £1000 was actually a gift and the loan agreement was just for appearances sake then a Judge might not be willing to issue a debt order without a witness statement from the original "lender" DealorNoDeal.

And DealorNoDeal would be committing the criminal offence of perjury if he stated under oath it was a genuine loan that needed to be repaid.

------------------

The original scheme providers told too many people that the loans would never need to be repaid. There's no way they would risk perjury just to help Felicitas.
      That's your interpretation being added there - I doubt you would be that lucky when it got to court.

Oh and did I say anything about DealorNoDeal being in court?
      Last edited by eek; 6 March 2021, 13:34.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Might. Willing to bet your house on that? And as far as perjury - no. Could also be simply a difference of opinion. Having experience of legal action, I can tell you that people who are convinced they have open and shut cases do lose, or find that things aren't as clear cut as they think. Even lawyers (at least the non-shysters) know better than to talk in definite outcomes.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Fair points.

And only time will tell if Felicitas are prepared to actually take the matter to court.

My bet is they won't but then it's easy for me to say that because it doesn't affect me.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Fair points.

And only time will tell if Felicitas are prepared to actually take the matter to court.

My bet is they won't but then it's easy for me to say that because it doesn't affect me.
            "If" they go to court, do they need to win just one disputed loan case? Or would they have to action every single one separately? Though I imagine "if" there was one win for them it would considerably change the entire tax avoidance loans landscape. On the evidence here, I doubt it's going to happen. But who knows?
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              "If" they go to court, do they need to win just one disputed loan case? Or would they have to action every single one separately? Though I imagine "if" there was one win for them it would considerably change the entire tax avoidance loans landscape. On the evidence here, I doubt it's going to happen. But who knows?
              Everyone would be entitled to their own day in court. There were several different schemes and people might have specific individual circumstances which make their case different to others.

However, if Felicitas won one case, then it wouldn't bode well for anyone else.

If, at some point, Felicitas do claim to have won a case, it would be wise to scrutinise that very carefully indeed.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 March 2021, 20:09.

Comment

All seems quiet on the western front.........I wonder what's cooking now.

Surely the time is drawing nearer that the Big F need to put up or shut up, and I don't mean in relation to some dodgy SD that they may have sent. I mean actually trying to prove that they have a genuine case in a court of law.

How long I wonder can the continued prodding of people (emails, texts, letters etc) go on before it's deemed harassment......, genuine question ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post

Surely the time is drawing nearer that the Big F need to put up or shut up, and I don't mean in relation to some dodgy SD that they may have sent. I mean actually trying to prove that they have a genuine case in a court of law.

How long I wonder can the continued prodding of people (emails, texts, letters etc) go on before it's deemed harassment......, genuine question ?
                  Already past that point if you ask me....

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post

Good point about harassment

Comment

Has anyone on this thread settled and have had to deal with IHT issues?

Comment

Working...
                      X