• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    WTT posted this on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/posts/graha...3302603778-BdQ

he says you need to reject the demand so I would suggest doing just that rather than ignoring it
    Originally posted by looperevil View Post
    Not sure. But I think these guys have been "sold" a dud by Felicitas (assuming they were not in on it with Felicitas).

It sounds like Town and Country have a list of names, amounts "owed" and addresses. I doubt they will even respond to any proof of debt requests. Also seems from a conversation I just had thats they haven't contacted too many people yet. The lack of people posting on here on this matter may possibly back this up.
    Hi Looperevil & Mrs Patricia .
    Correct, I was half expected to be contacted already on this but to date, I haven't, it seems to be very targeted ( I probably wont say when either in case these people try to put a forum profile to a person !)

To date, not one of the chasing companies or their solicitors (and there have been a few of these groups!) have taken anybody directly to court over this, as it will cost them money. And I for one (as I've said before), will never pay a penny until a Judge tells me to.

So I will continue to ignore all correspondence from these current ****ers and future different guises but will remain extra vigilant in case one of the companies try to sneak a statutory demand through the post to me, at which time I will respond.

I also agree with Mr0666 comments on the T&C letter, the letter is amateurish and factually incorrect. These guys (W28 & T&C) are even more amateurish that Felicitas (and other groups before) and their parties were. Dare I say it, they almost make Felicitas look professional :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeypower View Post

Hi Looperevil & Mrs Patricia .
      Correct, I was half expected to be contacted already on this but to date, I haven't, it seems to be very targeted ( I probably wont say when either in case these people try to put a forum profile to a person !)

To date, not one of the chasing companies or their solicitors (and there have been a few of these groups!) have taken anybody directly to court over this, as it will cost them money. And I for one (as I've said before), will never pay a penny until a Judge tells me to.

So I will continue to ignore all correspondence from these current ****ers and future different guises but will remain extra vigilant in case one of the companies try to sneak a statutory demand through the post to me, at which time I will respond.

I also agree with Mr0666 comments on the T&C letter, the letter is amateurish and factually incorrect. These guys (W28 & T&C) are even more amateurish that Felicitas (and other groups before) and their parties were. Dare I say it, they almost make Felicitas look professional :-)
      I usually post the envelope unopened in the postbox outside my house and a few days later it is posted back at my house. I do that 20 or 30 times (more if I am annoyed enough) and it soon ratchets up their business franking postage account. Its's no major inconvenience to me as postbox is just outside my house but I'm sure it is a pain for them.

It is a trick I learned from annoying parking fine companies which would pester me for other people fines for some reason, and I'd tell them I am not the driver and I don't own the vehicle in question. They soon desist after I start carousel-posting their letter.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the advise and links. This post has been a lifesaver.
        I love the idea of upping their franking costs, may have to start doing that.

Comment

Fair to say you are referring to me. Not sure I have explicity provided advice and any pointers I have provided, have all been from websites such as the Citizens advice bureau etc. I don't need to prove my validity as a geniune poster or not. The irony is that some people who have posted here way longer than me have made some very dubious points whilst admitting they were not even caught up in these schemes. What is the motive here then from them? I won't sit here and pin point posts etc as it is not important.

Anyway back to the real issue....i too recieved the same letter but only got to it yesterday as I have been away from my house. The letter is a total joke. I have spoken to one of the groups today and are feeling a bit less stressed/anxious. The individual/expert I spoke to actually stated things with regards to my case which will work for me (even though a poster said it may not). The important thing here is to get some help if you are not entirely sure what to do. The named groups are all still active.

I was hoping more people would come forward and report they have been contacted. It could be that they have picked only a handful of people to chase. There seems to be a real correlation between my case and the case of the other person who has reported it on here.
          would you mind sharing the firm you are receiving advice from? I haven't yet received any letter but really would try get some advice and get ahead of this thing

Comment

Originally posted by bylren001 View Post

would you mind sharing the firm you are receiving advice from? I haven't yet received any letter but really would try get some advice and get ahead of this thing
            I have gone with Elysium Law. If I hadn't got a letter from Town and Counrty, I would have just continued to ignore these crooks. But I would rather let the solicitors deal with these lot
            Last edited by looperevil; 4 March 2023, 10:17.

Comment

It's all gone quiet on here with regard to W28 etc.

I presume nobody has had any more comms?

I put them on the back foot and they have stopped responding.

Comment

Whilst I'm not in line to be contacted, I know others who have been, and other than the kind offer to pay 50% of a totally unproven debt, they have heard nothing, despite both people apparently making SAR's too. The fact that W28 appear to be ignoring SAR's doesn't really say much for their credibility does it.

5 months and counting for ANY form of response does seem rather a long time though. Maybe they've realised it's not quite the gravy train that Felicitas no doubt told them it was.

Comment

Originally posted by shampoo View Post
                  It's all gone quiet on here with regard to W28 etc.

I presume nobody has had any more comms?

I put them on the back foot and they have stopped responding.
                  As mentioned above, W28 have instructed a debt collection agency who have contacted a few people. W28 have also had some pressure put on them by these action groups.

Comment

As mentioned above, W28 have instructed a debt collection agency who have contacted a few people. W28 have also had some pressure put on them by these action groups.
                    My understanding is that providing an individual disputed any debt exists when contacted by W28, then they cannot just instruct a debt collection agency without first proving that the alleged debt is both genuine and enforceable.

W28 apparently instructing some debt collection agency in no way dissolves them from the legal responsibility to respond to SAR's.

The fact that "apparently" W28 have literally just ignored these requests raises some serious question about their credibility, and the months that pass without a any credible action just reinforces that.

Comment

All your points are correct. Once a debt is disputed, they have to prove it exists which they can't. Felicitas know it which is why they have failed miserably

Comment

Working...
                      X