• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I grew up of the generation that didn't use them much - now they're di rigueur for everyone at the seaside - but I don't know how people who swim or surf without wetsuits in UK waters managed it!
    Even in the balmy Cornish waters it's not exactly pleasant and I still see people in Scotland surfing in just shorts!
    IMO It's not really the warmth that you need them for - although it certainly helps. Its more that it's almost impossible to drown in a swimming wetsuit. Even if you cramp up hard and are unable to move you float on the surface. I was always a bit dubious about cramp being a thing until I had it really bad in a deep pool. Only just managed to get to the side and needed two life guards to help stretch out my leg. Not sure I'd want to be open water swimming without one tbh.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

IMO It's not really the warmth that you need them for - although it certainly helps. Its more that it's almost impossible to drown in a swimming wetsuit. Even if you cramp up hard and are unable to move you float on the surface. I was always a bit dubious about cramp being a thing until I had it really bad in a deep pool. Only just managed to get to the side and needed two life guards to help stretch out my leg. Not sure I'd want to be open water swimming without one tbh.
      I'm a big fan of magnesium supplements for cramp.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

Good point. Now you mention it I remember the first time I wore one, it felt like (I imagine) swimming in the Dead Sea.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I'm a big fan of magnesium supplements for cramp.
          Drink lots of water, and stay hydrated. I only get cramp when I drink too much beeron a night out, or 4 hours into a bike ride and I've clearly not been drinking enough water.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Drink lots of water, and stay hydrated. I only get cramp when I drink too much beeron a night out, or 4 hours into a bike ride and I've clearly not been drinking enough water.
            Already do drink plenty of water, but occasionally have cramps at night even when on the wagon, used to use crampex occasionally but it was in short supply so I asked the pharmacist for an alternative and she recommended magnesium.

At first over a few months I took magnesium as needed but still had cramp. Switched to just a magnesium supplement and it stopped. Added minerals to my vitamin tablets and no recent experience regardless of how much beer etc I drink.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              11th August started Calories In/Calories Out (CICO) as after my father had a heart attack it gave me the kick up the arse needed to do something, have now moved not one but two stone brackets for a total loss of over 13.2kgs. No other major changes than just writing down what I eat and asking myself do I really want that?

Now lost 12% of my starting weight, 16.8kgs in total
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Diet tonic water for you on the 10th?

Comment

Congrats, just 4Kg for me so far. I look forward to meeting the new sleeker SM on the 10th.

Comment

Shaved the beard off?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Congrats, just 4Kg for me so far. I look forward to meeting the new sleeker SM on the 10th.
                      I didn't know you were coming!

Comment

Working...
                      X