• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You should go for a nice long walk....at a brisk pace.
    thanks, painful, - and you need a poultice.
    Last edited by BR14; 12 October 2021, 18:31.

Comment

You should go for a nice long walk....at a brisk pace.
      Off a short pier? (One of the late Strangelove Pater's favourite sayings, but strangely apposite in this case).
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Which version have you been trying?
        • Standard ketogenic diet (SKD): This is a very low carb, moderate protein and high fat diet. It typically contains 70% fat, 20% protein, and only 10% carbs
        • Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): This diet involves periods of higher carb refeeds, such as 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high carb days.
        • Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): This diet allows you to add carbs around workouts.
        • High protein ketogenic diet: This is similar to a standard ketogenic diet, but includes more protein. The ratio is often 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs.
        or something different?

(source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...101#diet-types )
        CKD and TKD which is my standard. I tried cutting out oats and sweet potatoes for a bit to try and speed up fat burn and it didn't go well... I'm gaining lean mass and losing fat without it so I'm going a bit easier on myself. Strategy now is to do a massive winter bulk and then see where I am in about March/April.

It's just mid/lower abs that are eluding me which is the most stubborn part. I'm paying a PT to track and tweak macros and workouts on a weekly basis now so I don't have to worry about that part. We have a spreadsheet...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Off a short pier? (One of the late Strangelove Pater's favourite sayings, but strangely apposite in this case).
          Was tempted but I remembered this was the "CUK Fat Club" thread so any walk has to be long and brisk to get the maximum benefits.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Swimming is good exercise too though Sue It's like a biathlon.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Swimming is good exercise too though Sue It's like a biathlon.
              I went swimming int he sea at the weekend. Very chilly at first but not too bad once you're in. I may have to invest in wetsuit shorts (or similar) if I'm going in later in the year.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I went swimming int he sea at the weekend. Very chilly at first but not too bad once you're in. I may have to invest in wetsuit shorts (or similar) if I'm going in later in the year.
                A wet suit is essential for wild swimming, or sea swimming.

Not that I do either, but I know people that do.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

A wet suit is essential for wild swimming, or sea swimming.

Not that I do either, but I know people that do.
                  I grew up of the generation that didn't use them much - now they're di rigueur for everyone at the seaside - but I don't know how people who swim or surf without wetsuits in UK waters managed it!
                  Even in the balmy Cornish waters it's not exactly pleasant and I still see people in Scotland surfing in just shorts!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Check out Dr Atkins Diet, his method once you are down to your desired weight means finding your daily carb limit. Mine is 52g. With alcohol you have to remember that the first thing digested is the alcohol. I like to think 1g of Alcohol is 1g of carbs. G+T slimline has 0 official carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      geez, even more mumsnet sh1te.

WGAFF???
                      Any other post topics you'd like to ban on CUK?

It's really simple fella, you don't like a topic then pass it by. Stop being such a dick and telling people what they can and can't post.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X