• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just heard this add on the wireless - https://www.slimfast.co.uk/range/keto

Slimfast Keto!
    Keto is awful, every time I try it I last about 3-4 days then go on the most almighty sugar/carb binge.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Keto is awful, every time I try it I last about 3-4 days then go on the most almighty sugar/carb binge.
      I have been doing Keto for the last 23 days.

Love it.

Lots of Strawberries
      Lots of Green Vegatables and Salads.
      Lots of Smoked Salmon, Chicken, Ribeye Beef steaks.
      Lots of Eggs.
      Lots of low carb Nuts like Pecans.

All organic.

Once a week i have Bacon and Sausages and fried eggs. The least healthy meal but still Keto.

Been drinking Water, Coffee, Sugar free Coke and Bud Light beer (just 4g of carbs per bottle).

The Odd Dark chocolate bar. Which is much lower in Carbs than Milk Chocolate.
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 12 October 2021, 15:04.

Comment

Which version have you been trying?
        • Standard ketogenic diet (SKD): This is a very low carb, moderate protein and high fat diet. It typically contains 70% fat, 20% protein, and only 10% carbs
        • Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): This diet involves periods of higher carb refeeds, such as 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high carb days.
        • Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): This diet allows you to add carbs around workouts.
        • High protein ketogenic diet: This is similar to a standard ketogenic diet, but includes more protein. The ratio is often 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs.
        or something different?

(source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...101#diet-types )
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Im a beer drinker myself but they say Champagne is Keto friendly if drunk in moderation.

"Champagne is a low carb wine with a carb content ranging from 3 to 4 grams per 5-ounce (150-mL) serving. Therefore, it's a keto-friendly drink, as long as you keep within your daily carb limit."

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
            Im a beer drinker myself but they say Champagne is Keto friendly if drunk in moderation.

"Champagne is a low carb wine with a carb content ranging from 3 to 4 grams per 5-ounce (150-mL) serving. Therefore, it's a keto-friendly drink, as long as you keep within your daily carb limit."
            Thanks for that.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As a parent of a type 1 diabetic keto diets scare the tulip out of me, anyone who intentionally tries to raise their levels of ketones in their blood is asking for trouble.

if your keytones are too high it can lead to ketoacidosis which is one of the leading cause of death for diabetics.

Stay the **** away
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Since this is the official CUK Fat Club i am going to post my tracking chart here, this an update from 2 days ago, i lost another 500g over the last 2 days since i posted on the other thread.

I am consistently losing about 250g per day since i started 23 days ago.

Which is good i suppose, but a bit more extreme that i was expecting, i would be happy with just 100g per day to be honest.

I am still expecting the chart to slow down or even plateau at some point.

Starting weight: 78.85Kg.
                Current weight 73.15Kg.
                Target weight 63.85kg.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2021-10-12-17-52-01.png Views:	0 Size:	216.0 KB ID:	4187365

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

As a parent of a type 1 diabetic keto diets scare the tulip out of me, anyone who intentionally tries to raise their levels of ketones in their blood is asking for trouble.

if your keytones are too high it can lead to ketoacidosis which is one of the leading cause of death for diabetics.

Stay the **** away
                  Despite the similarity in name, ketosis and ketoacidosis are two different things.

Ketosis is the presence of ketones. It’s not harmful.

You can be in ketosis if you’re on a low-carbohydrate diet or fasting, or if you’ve consumed too much alcohol.

If you’re in ketosis, you have a higher than usual level of ketones in your blood or urine, but not high enough to cause acidosis. Ketones are a chemical your body produces when it burns stored fat

https://www.healthline.com/health/ke...s-ketoacidosis

Comment

geez, even more mumsnet sh1te.

WGAFF???

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      geez, even more mumsnet sh1te.

WGAFF???
                      You should go for a nice long walk....at a brisk pace.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X