• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Bread's kind of addictive, isn't it? IANA NUTRITIONIST.
    Indeed. And it is EVIL.

I reckon cutting out bread, potato and alcohol out is most of the fitness/weight battle.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Indeed. And it is EVIL.

I reckon cutting out bread, potato and alcohol out is most of the fitness/weight battle.
      So gorge on Mars Bars all day?

Comment

Indeed. And it is EVIL.

If you do that you don't live any longer IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          So gorge on Mars Bars all day?
          Interesting question! Certainly if you do lots of exercise your body will eventually reject sugar. Without lots of exercise, it would make one quite jumpy.

Remember the Atkins diet? All protein. I reckon protein, veg, fruit, salad is about right. Basically a slimming world "red" diet.

Comment

Interesting question! Certainly if you do lots of exercise your body will eventually reject sugar. Without lots of exercise, it would make one quite jumpy.

Remember the Atkins diet? All protein. I reckon protein, veg, fruit, salad is about right. Basically a slimming world "red" diet.
            Easier said than done, i went on a Paleo diet a couple of years ago for a couple of months, lost 10 kilos but went mental from the lack of carbs!, began eating carbs again and piled most of it back on :-(

Comment

Many years ago I went on a Weightwatchers diet. The portion sizes were absolutely tragic. But the bonus (apparently) was that I could supplement my food intake with as much "free" veg as I could manage.

Therefore from 9am each day I'd be crunching my way through a pile of carrots. By 11am I'd be feeling nauseous. Dieting (for me at least, in this fashion) was unsustainable.

However eliminating the cheap calories (IMPORTANT - This - in my book at least - does not constitute dieting) I DO find sustainable.

I've upped the tempo in 2016 by bringing a set of dumbbells back to the B&B, so I now do some modest exercise while watching Celebrity Mastermind.

Comment

However eliminating the cheap calories (IMPORTANT - This - in my book at least - does not constitute dieting) I DO find sustainable.
                Correct, drop the crap food and switch to nutritional food.
                This has really worked for me.

Also, it hasn't interfered with my drinking
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Easier said than done, i went on a Paleo diet a couple of years ago for a couple of months,

Been on it for circa 3 years now. Shedded loads of weight and never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Been on it for circa 3 years now. Shedded loads of weight and never looked back.
                    Do you not miss the bread/rice/potatoes/beans etc?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                      Do you not miss the bread/rice/potatoes/beans etc?
                      Not really. Bread - wifey makes paleo friendly alternatives.

For the rest - don't miss anything other than a keema naan when having a curry.

Comment

Working...
                      X