• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was Colombo de Cabri (Goat Curry) at the bar by the seafront in Saint Anne - was rather nice with the sea flowing over my toes

now mrs eek wants a shower and a nap so back at the villa an probably off to the pool in a second. Once I’ve chased the chicken that just decided to visit us
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I started work on digging out a tree stump in the middle of the kitchen lawn (i.e. where the raised veg beds are going). I was going to get a digger in to do it, but have decided that hand digging will work, eventually. I’ve told The WifeTM that it’s 5 days work. Might finish it tomorrow, if my back is still holding up.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today's telly has been wildlife stuff, including the orangutan school, and the endlessly repeated police programmes. But for the most part, I've been reading Fine Structure by qntm, which arrived from Amazon earlier today

Early night now, with the vague hope of doing stuff tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly at 12.7 deg in here, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.83736 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of May 2019 I had retired to bed with a very impressive aura, WTFH was providing cover from midnight to 07:00, while around the same time NF was watching the Brangelina film Mr & Mrs Smith followed by Dirty Harry, finding the latter rather more to his taste.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. The sunshine didn't last long.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: museum of curiosities on R4. It wasn't particularly entertaining.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Stone me that place is getting expensive.

Freecell score the grey gloomy ennui of the afternoon: 85%, running average 85%. After yesterday's 100% & 97% it's a bit of a climb down but there you go.

Tea: that soup & rice thing, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last 10 minutes of the Attenborough thing, then <click> <click> due lack of interest.

Freecell score: 67%, running average 85% (and dropping). WTF? I couldn't lose a game yesterday, today: fecked.

A thing on Blaze about, wait for it, wait for it, UFOs. Sans the usual talking heads of Ancient Alieny, for which, much thanks.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 April 2023, 08:14.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies and sunshine here, and I had a full night’s sleep last night. Still sounding a bit gravelly, but otherwise feeling better.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but bright. Dry. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 5) with a high of 12 expected. Sunshine due to break through the clouds this afternoon. Barometer notably up to 1025 mBar.

Off to Sussex to see Mum, where the weather is much the same. As she's back on the memory assessment pathway (or whatever the technical term is) we're aiming to get the Health and Welfare LPA sorted asap. Papers drafted and hopefully I'll get it all signed today.

Comment

Morning denizens

More cloud than not out, but there appear to be more small patches of blue than earlier, so maybe it'll clear up. Currently 8°C with 11° due later, and the barometers are very much up at 1016/1024mB

After a good night's sleep, I woke unprompted at 7:30, which is good I guess as it means my internal clock is adjusting to BST and the idea of getting up at a reasonable time during the week. But this is Sunday, so I immediately went back to sleep until a bit after ten

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

Blue skies and sunshine here, and I had a full night’s sleep last night. Still sounding a bit gravelly, but otherwise feeling better.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with toast (white)

Comment

Getting-things-done status: one thing done

To wit, fitting a couple of hooks to the inside of the bedroom door so I can hang my dressing gown up, and anything else suitable for being so hung should I think of something. They're brass drunk-octopus-wants-a-fight hooks, so up to four things can each get their own place if necessary. And I even went to the lengths of getting proper hollow door fixings, so they probably won't fall off the door very often

Comment

Working...
                      X