• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was a Lamborghini Urraco; SORN and no MOT since 2015, so maybe the purchaser discovered, as mentioned on the programme, that brake discs for it are no longer manufactured

And the gold hunters continue with mid-season permit and equipment problems.

The bed has now been remade, thereby averting an unpleasant surprise later. And the laundry finished tumbling and is resting in the laundry basket

So with all that done, let movie night commence, accompanied by a possibly well-earned beer

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Checks to see if I’m heading to bed before NickFitz is and scarily I am even though I’m 5 timezones away in Guadeloupe - its lovely btw
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Checks to see if I’m heading to bed before NickFitz is and scarily I am even though I’m 5 timezones away in Guadeloupe - its lovely btw
          That post says 3:20 over here, so well early for me on a Friday

That said, I am trying to get in the habit of going to bed earlier of a weekend, but I'm obviously not doing a very good job of it so far

But speaking of early, tonight's major motion picture premiere was only released today: Tetris (2023), being the tale of how the Soviet game was brought to the West. A fair amount of embellishment of the tale for dramatic purposes is in there, but it's a story, not a documentary, and I thought it was excellent

And then I started watching another premiere but after ten minutes or so I realised I wasn't in the mood for that particular film (though I reckon it's good and will return to it) so instead I rewatched The Accountant because I haven't watched that in a while and it's great

And then one of the more uninteresting episodes of The West Wing; fictional agricultural policy isn't a matter of great interest to me

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Saturday. It's Wheeler Dealers all day day.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

Raining.

1002.5 mBar, 29.6 in Hg, 751.94 Torr, 14.54 psi, (up from 998 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of May 2019 I donated yet more books to the Oxfam shop and on the way back shared the lift up to the 2nd floor with some soap dodging esteemed customers, while NF failed to purchase further supplies of plastic boxes coz the shop across the road was found to be unexpectedly closed earlier than usual.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S3 E11/12: 1989 Range Rover Vogue V8 EFIA: fails MOT on CO emissions, the cunning plan for LPG comes to naught, tailgate & rear door changed for scrap ones, head lining, airflow sensor, changed the auto transmission fluid and gearbox oil filter. MOT ran out May 2009. Workshop Paul speaks! Bought: £1600, total: £2035, sold: £2k. 2005. Stone me he worked hard selling that for a loss.

Walk (abbreviated) walked during which it failed to rain on me.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box. until it went <click> due to lack of innerest. .

Wheeler Dealers on the road: an acid yellow 1981 Landrover with a Range Rover V8 (carb), gearbox & transfer box: permanent 4WD. Bought: £1k, total: £2230, sold: £wanted 3k5 3k fell through £2750. Oh. LPG conversion: £1000. The emissions on petrol are dire. Emissions on gas: ok. MOT out October 2016. SORN.

An unexpected visit from a colleague, it was nice catching up with the chaos at Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde. Even more chaotic than when I was there.

Tea: spag with the last portion of that meh bol, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Loose Ends. Profile: Humza Yousuf.

About 5 minutes of David Gilmour in Gdansk. Which was enough.

Evidence of the Unexplained: more bollox on Blaze.

Fortress Britain E2 on 4. WWII & dear old Adolph: off to the Channel Islands again with added Lewis gun and such like.

The Four Just Men: unstealing a Rembrandt self portrait.

Bits of Delicate Sound of Thunder on Sky Arts.

Conspiracies decoded: Hitler's "nuke". . Yeah, right.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/articl...-and-the-bomb/

Golden State killer: turns out to be a cop.

Bunker fire in the Titanic before it set sail.

D. B. Cooper. .

Secrets Underground. Vikings The medieval Irish in New England bollox.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/gungywamp

Hot Creek, California. Is the long valley caldera about to go off?
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 April 2023, 22:38.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 11 forecast. Cloudy all day. No rain expected. Barometer up to 1006 mBar.

No plans today. I might leave the house and go for a walk. Or, I might not.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, but dry for now. Currently 10°C which is as good as it gets, and the barometers are back up again at 998/1006mB

There's a few pigeons out and about on the lawn but no sign of magpies, blackbirds, or squirrels at the moment

Comment

I took a bag of my mother's books to the Oxfam book shop around the corner and then walked up to the little weekend food market where I purchased a doughnut and a cheese and nduja toasty.

Towels were washed and draped about.

Comment

Tea has been courtesy of a walk to the kebab shop: lamb donner (no salad) with chips

And lunch earlier was Scotch broth

And I also managed to have a nice relaxing bath

Comment

Working...
                      X