• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t cope.

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was a cloudy start about thirty minutes ago but it's turned into a sunny start instead. Cooled down though; now at 2°C with an expected high of 7°. The barometers are back up a bit at 990/998mB

Comment

Morning all

Raining. Windy. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 1) with a high of 8 expected. Rain scheduled until lunchtime when it will be replaced by sunshine and clouds. Barometer up to 1002 mBar.

for WTFH and fam

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The car tonight was a kit car AC Cobra replica which was no longer road legal because of its emissions.
            I don't think it had ever been road legal since the builder couldn't get it through the test. Glad my Dutton never had to go through that palaver.

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 11.6 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 8.5 deg in the leanto.

1004.5 mBar, 29.6628 in Hg, 753.43 Torr, 14.569 psi, (up from 990 last night, which, in turn was up from 988 earlier), 72% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Last night I dreamed of Manderley of the earth being pulled from orbit by a black hole & the atmosphere freezing down with the last few of the population surviving around nuclear power stations. I hope it's not precog.

Meanwhile on the 8th of May 2019 the SMC had been located and was on its merry way back to the garage whence it had been nicked.

Looks like my Dilbert of the day has come to a sticky end. Ho hum.

Inneresting: the smoke detector upstairs just went off for no apparent reason. It's the optical one. Spider in the sensor? Ghosts? Ancient Aliens?

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Rather pleasant out there today.

TV Times purchased from the post office up the road.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, yellow corner yog, rather more toasted than normal Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed slices of toast with bramble jelly and marmalade, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Minor potching on next door's carport roof which needs replacing.

Changed the mains plug on the tyre inflator which had cracked in half and was held together with duct tape.

Freecell score in the imminent rain: 85%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E9 Jaguar Mk2 3.4: bought: £6k8, total: £7,804, sold: £9k. MOT ran out in 2018, not currently taxed nor SORN. The MOT history seems a bit odd, no MOT from 2007 to 2011 (presumably when it was prepared for them to buy it?). Barely done a 1000 miles or so.

Who do you think you are? Jonnie Peacock.

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E21: a chap with a truly gigantic pair of rhinophyma that block access to his mouth and his nose so he was given a tracheotomy before they started the GA. Stone me.

Maigret and the Judge, 1992.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 March 2023, 20:22.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I got a bit of a tail wag earlier.

Appointment made for 9.20am on Friday at home.

Sorry that this week has been me me me me me me me. I'll try to do better next week.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Appointment made for 9.20am on Friday at home.

Sorry that this week has been me me me me me me me. I'll try to do better next week.
                Totally understandable. A member of your family is very ill.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup and toast (white). Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I don't think it had ever been road legal since the builder couldn't get it through the test. Glad my Dutton never had to go through that palaver.
                    I wasn't sure as they were a bit ambiguous about it, but they mentioned the emissions standards having been made stricter, and it has an MOT record until 2012 under the number plate it had when they got it.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Meanwhile on the 8th of May 2019 the SMC had been located and was on its merry way back to the garage whence it had been nicked.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X