• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    What on earth is a pali? All I can find on Google is ancient Indian language
    palindrome

hth

Comment

Ah, I see. Doctor Odd Sex had a reversible post number! Exciting. Cheers.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Today in "Ooh, I shall treat myself to that"

50th anniversary box set of the 1967 album "Forever Changes" by Love.

Comment

I realised the other day that I'm within easy walking distance of yet another Chinese, one I used to frequent many years ago. So tea came from there, ordered online, and very nice it was too

And they threw a couple of fortune cookies in, which you don't get from the other places

The quickest way there involves cutting up an alley which is on the course of the Via Devana, a Roman road that ran between Colchester and Chester and which is now largely lost to time in this area, though between Cambridge and Huntingdon it's been subsumed into the A14

Comment

At some point the expected rain turned up but it was after sunset rather than the forecast 3pm. I only noticed when emptying the food waste bin.

Ents today has been mostly listening to the Sideways podcast on BBC Sounds. It's been on my list to listen to for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Today in "Ooh, I shall treat myself to that"
              You can't be going 'round making frivolous purchases now you've got a mortgage to pay

Comment

3 mice removed from 2 different locations within the space of an hour, and at least one more loitering around. They have come back in when the temperature has dropped, I guess.

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You can't be going 'round making frivolous purchases now you've got a mortgage to pay
                  Ah, but Forever Changes isn't frivolous

In fact, one of the most interesting aspects of the album is that despite being released at the time of the Summer of Love, it inclines towards the expression of a strong ambivalence concerning the supposed ideals being espoused by the creative community in California at that time, in stark contrast with most musical works produced during that brief but highly influential period of the Sixties

Earlier in the day, after some stuff about Australian birds, there was a welcome return of the orangutan jungle school. Abut time they brought Monkey Life back too

And later, a double bill, starting with a rewatch of the excellent Accident Man (2018) and then the premiere of the sequel, Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday (2022). Though it only came out recently, the sequel's MPAA number (52143) suggests that it was completed around the start of Pandemic Time (some films released late in 2022 have numbers in the low 54000s) and held back in the vague hope that cinemas would become a thing again

While the original had a good story (based on a comic or graphic novel or whatever they're called now, so DaveB informed me), the sequel is lacking in that respect; the story is mainly a peg on which to hang a bunch of well-choreographed fight scenes, and doesn't have anything about it that reveals anything much about the characters and their motivations. So it's entertaining enough in its way, but lacking substance

And then a couple more episodes of The West Wing because I feel vaguely impelled to finish it again as I've started it again

Goodnight all

Comment

Two mice in the roof traps. :

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Two mice in the roof traps. :
                      …and one downstairs.

All now released and 3 new traps set.
                      I suspect tomorrow night the death traps will be out.

Comment

Working...
                      X