• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

…and one downstairs.

All now released and 3 new traps set.
    I suspect tomorrow night the death traps will be out.
    One more caught.

Oh, and morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One more caught.

Oh, and morning all
      + 1 shrew.

Busy morning!

Comment

The Dog is unwell

Comment

^^^ Get well soon, Millie.

Morning.

Sunday.

For unknown & unknowable reasons I've taken to sleeping in on Sunday mornings. Turned the radio on to listen to "Letter from America"'s clone & dozed through it, waking up again to the bird thing.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary

Drizzly.

Misty.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 11.3 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 10.5 deg in the leanto.

1005.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1004.5 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of May 2019 it was getting chilly again, NF was still watching Bab5*, the tide was very high, the box on my desk was playing up again and there were 17 days to retirement.

*Full disclosure: Actually he was watching Bab5 on the 6th of May 2019.

Apparently the Septics, where it's a thing which it isn't everywhere, have moved to Daylight Saving Time.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the initial light drizzle which turned into rain on the way back. Much warmer today. Had to take gloves & scarf off.

NZ Highway Patrol: it's a much more friendly place.

Freecell score in the ongoing deluge: 93%, running average 85%. The last game was a right bugger so I gave up after solving it.

Tea: soup & rice thing, nice enough & quick, a yog, the last of the apricot halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea, and a slice of toast & marmalade.

Entertainment: POTW on R4.

NZ Motorway patrol thing S7 E10 & E11. One of the miscreants died before getting to court.

Endeavour S9 E3 "Exeunt" Stage Left, pursued by bear? Well that rounded things off nicely.

Morse and the last Endeavour.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 March 2023, 22:12.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunshine woke me up around 0715. It's still bright out but overcast. Rain forecast from early evening onwards. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) and there's a bit of a breeze about. Barometer is down a bit to 1009 mBar.

Yesterday my right ear was intermittently issuing stabbing pains and now it seems like my left ear is considering joining in. Still have a cough. Haven't eaten anything yet to see if it still feels like I'm swallowing knives.

Also yesterday, I had a bit of a furniture rearrange in the 'conservatory' (aka glorified lean-to) and thus made space for a proper sofa bed to be located in the half of the living I don't use due to its layout. I still need to think about what to use that area for but, for now, it's somewhere for HWMBO's kids to sleep as one or other of them seems to need putting up for a day or two every few months or so. I did contemplate moving my office to that area but it can't be segregated / hidden from the rest of the living room which will annoy me when I'm not working.

I ought to do a bit more gardening before the rain returns. However, the last time I did that I went down with Covid
            Last edited by ladymuck; 12 March 2023, 11:22.

Comment

The Dog is unwell
              What DrS said.

Very worrying when there's no TW

Comment

Afternoon denizens

"Mostly cloudy" out, so sometimes it isn't a a bit of sunshine gets through. Considerably milder than it has been at 13°C, the high for today, and it appears it'll be a warm night (though with a 50% chance of rain in the small hours). Barometers are down a bit at 992/1000mB

Comment

The Dog is unwell
                  <- dogly

Comment

A little bit of gardening has been done, to finish off what I started all those weeks ago. The little borders either side of the footpath now look more respectable. A few hebes have been planted, ordered and received weeks ago, before they became too pot bound and died.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      A little bit of gardening has been done, to finish off what I started all those weeks ago. The little borders either side of the footpath now look more respectable. A few hebes have been planted, ordered and received weeks ago, before they became too pot bound and died.
                      wot? no jebes for balance?

Comment

Working...
                      X