• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Nobody (2021) which I expected to be pretty good but which then exceeded my expectations by quite a way; big thumbs up from me

And then a rewatch of The Big Short (2015) because it isn't just The Truth, it's also Entertainment

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Goodnight all
      Goodnight Nick.

(I can't believe I'm still awake)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Admit it. You two are vampires.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dull and cloudy. Currently 3 degrees with a high of 6 expected. Barometer up a touch to 1030 mBar.

Off to Funchal today. It's raining there, forecast to do so all week. Even a possible thunderstorm. Highs of 18-20 degrees so it will be nice should the sun come out.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            then went shopping, me to Lidl
            Any spanners In The Middle? Just askin' like.

Morning.

Saturday apparently.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Damp.

Dreary.

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

1031 and a tad mBar, 30.4454 in Hg, 773.3 Torr, 14.95339psi. (unchanged a tad), 66% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S8 E4 Frogeye Sprite. Watched this several times.

Wheeler Dealers S2 E9 & E10: MGB: it's rattle can heaven I tells you in two half hour eps. MOT expired end of April 2010. It's either in a barn somewhere or it's a tin can. Bought: £1k, Total:£2k6, Sold: £2850. Glass out proper respray. Plastic padding++. And the rattle can primer comes out. . MB has a plan about the wheels refurb. Looked nice enough.

Meanwhile back in the 19th of April 2019 I'd discovered 4 forgotten 8" floppy drives in the shed when I thought there were only two, two single sided, the other two single/double sided (not that they were ever used in DS mode).

Wheeler Dealers S11 E13 Darracq Type L. Or how to retyre* your wooden wheels & remanufacture the water pump.

*That's refitting the iron rim to the wooden wheels when soaking said wheels in the water for a couple of days didn't do the business of tightening the spokes.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: registering for the UK vintage radio site whilst "listening" to the news quiz with a quarter of a ear.

I wonder how long I'll last this time: it was 4 posts last time and all of those were deleted. By request. .

The most ridiculously anally retentive moderation in the known universe.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Freecell score: 78%, running average: 85%.

Tea: the first of the new batch of notsofiery bol with spag, stewed apple and custard, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens 10 ways the Victorians changed Britain.

The first 10 minutes of "Strange Days". Couldn't be arsed to watch more.

More discovery bollox: Ancient Unexplained Files: witchy cave inscriptions in Notts, Hannibal (not the cannibal)'s route over the alps to Rome, decaying mummies in a Chile museum (not dry enough, who'd have thunk?), Babylonian calculator on a clay tablet, curiously shaped skulls from 10,000BC in China (surprised the Ancient Aliens groupies didn't turn up for this one).
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 January 2023, 23:05.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Any spanners In The Middle? Just askin' like.
                It wasn’t my usual Lidl and it seemed a bit more cramped, so I didn’t do a full peruse of The Middle.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Admit it. You two are vampires.
                  I’m fairly certain Nick isn’t.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey again, but no rain and fairly mild at 7°C; the barometers are trivially down at 1019/1027mB

Just having a bit of wholemeal toast while watching something about Australian bats

Comment

Free trees picked up at village tree giveaway. Got 2x crab apple and a blackthorn. Was supposed to be 2x blackthorn and 1 crabapple, but I think they handed me the wrong one. Free tree is a free tree, so I’m not complaining. Then dug out an elder that was growing at the side of the drive, which did my back in. I still need to dig out another elder, two hazels and a mock orange (we’ll keep the mock orange, but planted somewhere better). Then we can start clearing that bit of land to plant it up with more appropriate and manageable plants. Also put the 1/2 barrel in place for Mme Alfred Carriere, who will be climbing over the front of the house soon.

I’m done now.

Comment

Working...
                      X