• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

It got reasonably foggy last night, and is still looking a bit misty out. It shows up more here though, because there's a lot more in the way of lawns, and even grounds, around this area.

The fog seemed to prevent the usual coldness; the temperature even went back up from -1°C to 0° around midnight. It's currently 5° and might reach 8° later, with a 40% chance of rain late afternoon. The barometers are down somewhat at 1019/1027mB

Having made my coffee this morning, I remembered I meant to put a beef and Guinness stew in the slow cooker, so turned my hand to getting that done. This ended up taking ages, so my coffee is now rather cold. All in a good cause, though

Comment

Morning all

Foggy but dry. No obvious frost when I got up. Currently 1 degree with a tentative high of 6 later. Rain expected late afternoon / early evening. Barometer down to 1033 mBar.

Busy morning, some kind of kick off workshop thing followed by finishing off QA'ing a report (it failed, miserably). Now contemplating what to do next.

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a slice of wholemeal

Not sure if things are just damp from the fog or if there's been a shower of rain. But the cloud in the direction of the sun seems to be thinning a bit, so there's now some gradually increasing sunshine bringing out the colours of the conifers

Comment

It was lovely and blue skies earlier.

Now it is grey with a temp of 3 degrees. Today's high will be reached at 21:00 of 6 degrees because cloud cover will increased.

Currently in a meeting....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A meeting didn't go ahead so I decided to make a hot chocolate with some cocoa powder I brought back from Grenada. I then decided that the resultant beverage could do with pepping up so 30ml of Smith & Cross was added.

Comment

After the brief sunny spell it turned, and remains, grey. There was a bit of a shower going on when I went down to the car the head over to the old flat, but that had petered out by the time I got there.

I sorted out some junk which will have to be disposed of, and gathered together several boxes of clothes that are going to be disposed of by recycling but which need to be cleaned first to de-must them. Back again with those, so I'm just having a coffee and will then put the mundane laundry on, as I need to get that done before I start worrying about cleaning stuff I'm going to get rid of anyway

Meanwhile, the beef and Guinness stew is simmering away nicely in the slow cooker

And my clearance has been re-confirmed, so actions are now afoot to get me started back at ClientGov ASAP

Comment

WTF is the matter with the public sector? Used to volunteer with police search team and, when I stopped, was asked to hand my pass and viz jacket in at the local police station. Been three times to two different stations during what were supposed to be opening hours and they were closed. Not wasting me time again, if they want the stuff back they will have to come and collect it.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

And my clearance has been re-confirmed
                  At the Chinese?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Two episodes of 24 Hours in A&E watched. Poor lad with the prolapsed bowel escaping through his stoma!

Comment

Serving fish pie and apple crumble to sisters in law tonight. Used up some of the stored apples, probably a dozen left.
                      All hand made by me.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X