• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The Super Monkey Car is here and garaged!

Is that everything moved over?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Is that everything moved over?
      No, there's still various bits of small furniture, some lamps, my Adana 8-5 printing press, that kind of thing. And also assorted junk, a fair bit of which I'll probably end up throwing away. But it's the last thing that needs professional assistance to move; everything else is small enough for me to do myself, although a couple of Ikea bits will probably be easier to manage if I take them at least partially to bits first

Meanwhile over here, the two big bookshelves in the study have been affixed to the wall and largely populated with books, making it easier to start sorting out everything else in there. I might even get my desk set up at this rate

There's still a lot of piles of books in there, but once I have that room sorted out I'll have space in it for the bits that are in the way of where the bookcases in here are going to go. And once the bookcases in here are done, I can get the rest of the books out of there. And once that's done, I'll have space to sort out the bits that are in the way. And so on…

Comment

Trip to Big Sainsbury's, because who even knows what day of the week it is during this Festival of Capitalism

Actually, the main purpose was to visit the Argos bit. The mundane laundry was still in the washing machine, because it seemed inconvenient to remove somehow, despite the fact I used to have no problem shifting it to the living room to be draped and dried, then folding it and taking it to the bedroom to be put away. But I realised that it's because it's dry, which makes it bulkier and slightly more hassle to handle. So I needed a laundry basket; and Argos had a decent collapsible one, for easy storage, which was in stock at the Big Sainsbury's, though not at the slightly less big one that's a bit nearer. So off I went

It's a good laundry basket as these things go, so I'm quite pleased the effort was worthwhile. And, inevitably, I picked up some other bits as I was there

Comment

Work was uneventful.

Now packed to head up to Glasgow tomorrow afternoon. In the morning I'm meeting a friend who is passing through City Airport.

Here's hoping the Lizzy Line is running as timetabled.

Comment

Watching Skin A&E on My5. I'm guessing it's the UK version of Dr Pimplepopper or whatever it is that DrS used to watch.

Comment

Tea has been roast duck breast with plum sauce and chips

Accompanied by the opal hunters, as that's been today's multiple repeat show

Comment

I went back to the Dunelm website to finally place my order for curtains for the living room, and they're having a sale! I saved about 30% on the price they were asking before Christmas!

And I also found I'd mismeasured the drop by a couple of centimetres when I double-checked before submitting the form

Comment

I’m coming down with something.

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I’m coming down with something.

TFBSZ
                    <- manly

Comment

A double major motion picture premiere tonight, starting with Operation Mincemeat (2021) which is in many respects a remake of The Man Who Never Was (1956) in the light of more recent knowledge of the true history of that remarkable operation. Unfortunately, the filmmakers squandered their opportunity by introducing a bunch of fake romantic bulltulip between those involved in the operation rather than getting into more precise historical details. So although it's a decent enough film as a drama, it fails in its mission of being a more detailed account of the true story

And then Miss Congeniality (2000) which doesn't pretend to be anything more than it is, which is good fun

Finally, a couple of episodes of The West Wing which unfortunately included a Thanksgiving episode. Given the context, you'd think they could have such an episode that doesn't involve children, because none of them work at the White House. But American TV seems to be obsessed with dragging them in on any occasion they can think of, no matter how irrelevant they may be to the matter at hand. At least they weren't on screen this time, presumably to save money paying child actors and their attendant keepers and tutors and what-have-you; which itself tells you all you need to know about what they really think of children

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X