• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFTWGO is smouldering like a 1930s silver screen siren.

TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a VW Corrado VR6, taxed until sometime next year and MOT due next month. I don't know exactly when the tax runs out as the vehicle check site is an annoying React app or similar, so when I restarted this MBA to install an update, it lost the info as to what it was supposed to be showing and went back to the beginning. IIRC that misbehaviour goes against GDS guidelines

And then the opal hunters had their usual mixture of mis- and good fortune.

Whilst dining and after: Storyville - One Day in Ukraine which is about a number of people just going about their lives in the midst of a war, although maybe their lives now include things like flying a drone over to a nearby village to observe a small battle.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite sunny to start with today, though it seems it'll cloud over later and may even rain this evening (90% at 21:00). Currently a bracing 11°C with a balmy 20° on the cards for this afternoon, and the barometers are distinctly down at 1012/1020mB

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, but with mist in the valley (although some of that may actually be smoke from TFTWGO )

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Slightly warmer at 17.2 deg in here, 18 in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.736 psi, (down from 1020 last night) 72% RH.

Thursday.

Oddly, the recycling engineers made their merry way this morning, whilst the waste disposal engineers are delayed until tomorrow.

Meanwhile back in January 3rd 2019 the thing about Waco was watched by NF & me, whilst on the 4th I was off to Bath to work on stripping out Strangelove Sis's new house (new, that is, in about 1800 or so, though she bought it in 2018, glad to clear that up).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Sticky labels purchased from WHS due to the continuing inability to locate those that are In Here Some Fecking Where.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, slices of toast with marmalade and bramble jelly.

Entertainment: whatever Y&Y has transmogrified into on a Thursday, neither part of which holds much innerest.

Might mow next door's lawns this afternoon followed by a quick vac of the tip I live in.

<hiatus>

Two lawns mown next door.

It started raining a little.

Some weeding done in the garden.

It started raining a little more.

Large bonfire, rather larger than I expected since it ran away somewhat, the stuff around it being much drier & inflammable than I'd thought.

All the dried brambles, grasses, and privet cuttings duly disposed of, along with the ash seedlings and prunings off the goat willow next door (the other way, where IC lives).

Knackered now. .

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E18: Honda S2000. Gosh. Looks complicated. Taxed to April, MOT due in October.

It's now raining quite a lot.

The Sweeney S3 E12 "Lady Luck": a wife tries to grass up her husband by inveigling Jack.

The Sweeney S3 E13 "On the run": the psycho Tim Cook is back, ending up doing a Rambo in the woods.

The Sweeney S4 E1 "Messenger of the Gods": the one with Diana Dors, mostly played for larfs.

Somewhere in there was Trucking Hell.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 September 2022, 18:04.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning!

So an hour to finish up and put my timesheet is and I'll be back to the land of retirement like a warm, relaxing bath.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning all

Bright but cloudy. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Tired. Still waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Morning!

So an hour to finish up and put my timesheet is and I'll be back to the land of retirement like a warm, relaxing bath.
                  And you got a mod century!

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 220950Z AUTO 20007KT 9999 NCD 17/12 Q1019=

Usual quizzes done now back from hols

Laundry and diving gear everywhere although everything has been rinsed/washed as required.

This week's TV viewing has been the dark comedy "Kevin can f_ck himself" on Prime. Quite good - all scenes with Kevin filmed in the style of cheesy sitcom with canned laughter and then scenes of his wife colour washed out and darker as she plots to kill him. Only one season available on Amazon so far , 8 eps of 45min

Comment

Lunch: a couple of bacon cobs, as the bacon Needed To Be Eaten™

Comment

Working...
                      X