• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Globle - done (although took 14 guesses)
    I think it took me about the same

It's always a pain when it's one of those tiny South Pacific places - half of them barely even show up at maximum zoom, and I can never remember which ones are countries and which are actually part of France or something ridiculous like that

Comment

Tea: chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas. Very tasty, but the last of it from the freezer, so I'll have to make more soon

Comment

The car earlier was a Ford F1 pickup truck that they made look ridiculous, in accordance with some fashion at the time they worked on it. Seen this one before; no info about the vehicle's fate as it's in the USA

Viewing during and after dining was the latest episode of Ambulance

And finally, it's been a while since I watched an Air Crash Investigation. This one was into the not very well controlled flight into terrain of Trans-Colorado Airlines Flight 2286, which led the authorities to the conclusion that pairing a somewhat incompetent First Officer with a Captain who'd stayed up all night doing cocaine with some mystery woman probably isn't a reliable way to get passengers to their destination

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather a sunny start out, currently 15°C and maybe reaching 23° later, though it will also get cloudier. Barometers are back down a bit at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 010650Z AUTO 05013KT 9999 FEW017 BKN048 15/13 Q1020=

Decidedly grey and a bit meh out there today.

Wordle - done
            Heardle - 1 second after a week of getting zip
            Worldle - got it 2 which never happens
            Nerdle - done
            Globle - done

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The car earlier was a Ford F1 pickup truck that they made look ridiculous, in accordance with some fashion at the time they worked on it. Seen this one before; no info about the vehicle's fate as it's in the USA
              According to the spiel the guy who bought it was a Brit, so maybe it came to the UK?

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Cool at 20.5 deg.

Sunless.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi (down from 1017 last night), 70% RH.

Thursday.

I missed the transit of the Recycling Engineers along the road at 06:50ish until I realised it's a BH week, so they're a day later.

Meanwhile back in 15th December 2018, NF was travelling back home from That London, whilst the New Neighbours were visiting an art exhibition in Cowbridge rather than cleaning their new house, so nothing's fecking changed there then, whereas I was predicting that I'd be mowing their fecking lawns for the duration (says he bitterly).

Shirts in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Shirts out of the WM & drying on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, marmalade on toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons out of the WM and hanging on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Entertainment: the droning of the fridge following the <click> when R4 started waffling on about alcohol free drinks.

Smalls out of the WM.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Smalls out on the line.

Pillow cases & tea towels in off the line & roughly iRoned.

Towels in off the line & airing over the banisters along with the pillow cases & tea towels.

Knackered now. .

Freecell score: 100% (of 10), running average 85% (84.48889%).

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, stewed apple with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM until the Health Secretary came on. .

Wheeler Dealers S12 E3 MGA: I've seen exactly one of these and that was more than 40 years ago and it looked like a rusty wreck then. So that's how you fit a rear oil seal to a car that hasn't got a rear oil seal. Nice enough car. Especially once they'd spent $11000 on it.

Car SOS: S8 E4 Hillman Imp: I had a Singer Chamois back in the day, and like this one it had had chickens in it. . Stone me this is a rust bucket in a rust bucket.

I'd forgotten the off centre drilling of the steering arm that had broken through in places. QC++.

Still taxed.

The Sweeney S1 E7 "The Placer": Jack goes undercover rather than under the covers.

And now, and in Colour(tm), I give you: Trucking Hell (new according to the EPG).

Yup. Looks new to me: the only sign of Rory was in the title sequence.

The Sweeney S1 E8 "Cover Story".
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2022, 21:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cloudy but currently dry. 18 degrees with a high of 23 forecast. Rain expected this morning and this afternoon. Barometer down to 1018 mBar.

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For lunch, I took advantage of it being a sunny day by walking the three minutes or so it takes to get to Greggs for a steak bake and a sausage roll

Comment

Post-work, I ventured forth to Sainsbury's, not just to do the shopping but also to deposit stuff in the Oxfam recycling bins. So a load of old bedding, jeans, t-shirts, and other assorted items have been bid adieu and sent on to the next stage of their journey through existence

After which I got the shopping done (few masks beside mine, some strange shortages) and headed home. At this point I became aware of something that had hitherto passed me by, to wit, there's a football match on tonight. So the journey back took a bit longer than usual

But all done and everything put away now, and one less thing to worry about tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X