• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

om...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No car tonight because they've changed the time and I forgot about it; they're back to repeating the American ones, which I've already seen, I think; and there's no way of checking their equivalent of tax and MOT status, what with American numberplates being more of a seasonal thing, subject to change at the whims of capricious owners

Instead, an old episode of Police Interceptors followed by the latest episode of the Brighton coppers dealing with an endless supply of drunks

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's sunny with fluff. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 24 expected. No rain forecast.

Just on the Lizzy Line heading home. Very smooth arrivals journey into T4, if a lot of dingy narrow corridors to be walked.

Comment

Barometer is at 1022 mBar.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy sort of start, though mild at 15°C with 22° and slightly clearer skies expected later; the barometers are trivially up at 1019/1027mB

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                No car tonight because they've changed the time and I forgot about it; they're back to repeating the American ones, which I've already seen, I think; and there's no way of checking their equivalent of tax and MOT status, what with American numberplates being more of a seasonal thing, subject to change at the whims of capricious owners
                Pontiac GTO with 400 cu in and triple carbs. Changed the time? Same time as usual on Quest and Quest+1.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg.

1020 and a bit mBar, 30.129 in Hg, 765.29 Torr, 14.798 psi, (up from 1019 and a bit last night), 71% RH.

Wednesday apparently

An unexpected knock on the door turned out to be a DPD delivery chap attempting to deliver a small parcel for two doors up that had my house number on it, turned out they weren't in so I took it in anyway.

Vision Express. Doh.

Meanwhile in the dying days of 2018, December 14th & 15th, NF was On A Train (in fact on two trains*), one of which was infliltrated with the local Association Football Company's representatives, whilst I was busy railing against blue resistors and overcooked fish.

*I'm assuming the train on the 15th was the return trip home.

Dunno if it was due to the unwonted cleaning frenzy of yesterday, but sleep seemed a bit reluctant to arrive last night, whilst the aches & pains this morning weren't pleasant. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the cool breeze and not very warm sunshine.

Quite Simpsonsesque out there today

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, branble jelly and marmalade on toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWAO.

Much "pruning" of next door's rambler rose which badly needed cutting back before it takes over the entire garden, plus the wild roses in my front garden needed a bit of similar decimation.

Assorted hacking of shrubs in the back garden.

Must Get A Round Tuit and kill off that goat willow next door.

Tea: chicken (explosive in the microwave) in white sauce with rice n peas, stewed apple and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E2 1951 Ford F1 pickup truck with a flathead V8 and a four on the floor crash gearbox. He really doesn't know how to double declutch.

Bought for $4500 with $7000 spent on replacement alloy heads, a 4 barrel carb, exhaust headers, and a new exhaust system, plus an automatic gearbox & torque converter.

Doesn't it have to pass California emissions checks? Just askin' like.

The Sweeney S1 E5 "Jigsaw": A cunning plan to fool Jack doesn't work. Odd that.

The Repair Shoppe. Curiously the battery in the fire engine was shown as a B141: this is a 90V + 1.5V radio battery that hasn't been seen in the wild since about 1970. Fine selection of antique bits of Meccano there then. I've got one of those red motors. .

The Sweeney S1 E6 "Night Out": Jack gets roped in to a bank job.

Mach a Seo!: The Scots chap: this time on Mull.

Dr Pimple Popper.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2022, 21:45.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 311050Z AUTO 07017KT 9999 BKN026 20/12 Q1024=

Wordle - done but only just due to too many options
                  Worldle - done
                  Heardle - Epic fail
                  Nerdle - done
                  Phrazle - done
                  Globle - done (although took 14 guesses)

Comment

Nerdle: over 58% played have been won in 3 goes or less.
                    Globle: average is 7 guesses (today was 4)
                    Only played them 79 times on my iPad, used to do it on my desktop, so I don't have a full set of stats.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Pontiac GTO with 400 cu in and triple carbs. Changed the time? Same time as usual on Quest and Quest+1.
                      Ah, yes - I think I looked at some TV listing website and automatically added an hour for only being able to get the +1 channel, but was actually looking at the page for the +1 channel

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Meanwhile in the dying days of 2018, December 14th & 15th, NF was On A Train (in fact on two trains), one of which was infliltrated with the local Association Football Company's representatives, whilst I was busy railing against blue resistors and overcooked fish.
                      Just the one train, I think - down to That London for the CUK Christmas Do

Though there was probably a Tube train as well. We stayed over in Westminster that year as the pub chosen was at Charing Cross, and the following morning we went for breakfast at the renowned Regency Café, an establishment of unashamedly greasy spoon type where it's apparently not that unusual, on a weekday when Parliament is sitting, to find oneself guzzling one's fry-up next to a member of Her Majesty's Government doing the same

Lunch here today has been Heinz oxtail soup and bloomer toast. Last can of that, so I must restock

Comment

Working...
                      X