• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

A nicely cool start to the day. Now 18 degrees with a high of 29 forecast. Barometer down to 1026 mBar.

HWMBO is on his way home, having to travel via Gatwick. I have covered up the BBQ and moved it away from the middle of my decking to a more convenient location.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.
      Coolish at 21.6 deg in here.

1022 mBar, 30.179 in Hg, 766.56 Torr, 14.8228 psi, (unchanged), 70% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Back in 26th November 2018: NF had watched "Darkest Hour", while I'd found the £2 coin I'd lost, which was good.

The dream before waking involved a program to convert decks of cards for an ATE machine to files on 8" floppy diskettes which I'd converted to run under MTS (multiterminal system) and, in the process had introduced a fairly fiendish error that caused some slight problems before it was discovered.

All to do with the E register which held the return address or somesuch and was corrupted under MTS.

It was all so much fun in those days, along with writing stuff to read IBM 8" floppies, CP/M 8" floppies, and Intel ISIS II 8" SSSD floppies. .

Nothing much will read the ISIS II double density diskettes.

I was thinking only yesterday about those weird floppy formats where track 00 is SD whilst the rest is DD. Tricky one, that.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the senselessly bright sunshine. It's almost warm enough to boil a monkey's bum out there today.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat & barley toasted crust, marmalade on toast, bramble jelly on raw toast, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

No Blend 37 coffee today since the last of it was used yesterday.

We shall not see its like again, since they stopped making it.

Freecell score: 85%, running average 85%. It make 85% twice, first time dropped down again & took forever to get back up so once it got there I gave up.

Entertainment: Ultimate Ancient Aliens bollox: Megaliths.

Ultimate Ancient Aliens bollox: the interminable Tesla.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E3 Mazda RX-7. Why anyone would want a snakeskin effect on a car is quite beyond me. So that's how you test compression on a Wankel Engine. Who'd have thunk?

Alias S4 E5 "Welcome to Liberty Village": the American town in the middle of Russia one.

Alias S4 E6 "Nocturne": The weird drug transmitted by a bite one.

Alias S4 E7 "Detente": dunno yet. Enough. I'll watch it tomorrow.

The Welsh Highland Railway on "That's Tv". After watching that, I glanced at the clock only to find it looked as if it was receding from me. A very odd sensation.

A thing about Skye on BBC Alba, with subtitles since I don't understand Gaelic. Apparently the longest landslip in the Uk is on Skye. Who'd have thunk?

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2022, 21:40.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: corned beef butties made with seedy bloomer, accompanied by a bag of plain crisps

Bit hot again. I've kept the curtains drawn, as it seems to help a little

Comment

I intended to make lunch at lunch time, having taken the requisite items out of the fridge and baked a ciabatta roll. I ended up getting distracted by work and forgetting

Shortly before 4pm, just as I was due to have a meeting, I went to downstairs to get get a glass of water and came upstairs with the filled roll and no water.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Since it's gone dark, it's gone down by quite a few degrees outside - supposed to be 21°C now, and the extremely slight breeze through the window I've just opened feels nice and cool

Comment

The car earlier was a Mazda RX-7 which they didn't do much to other than making it look ridiculous with a load of big versions of those decals you stick on Airfix models (though not RAF roundels in this case). Last MOT expired in January 2017, currently SORN

And later, a new episode of that Cheshire "motorway cops" programme where they spend much of their time not on motorways, and it keeps cutting away to random events in Aylesbury or Cambridgeshire for no clear reason

Might get an early night now; I feel quite tired today. Probably the heat

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
                  CBS, etc. still no sign of rain.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes this morning and off to the hairdressing salon, where I have been trimmed against the coming heatwave

It was 12°C when I got up a little before seven, it's now 18°, and it's expected to reach 32° later

The barometers don't seem very bothered though, being down slightly at 1017/1024mB

My coffee should have brewed by now, so soon I'll be ready to start the day…

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Warmish side of not chilly in here at 22 deg.

1017.5 mBar, 30.04 in Hg, 763.18 Torr, 14.757 psi, (unchanged), 69% RH.

Thursday as indicated by the recycling and waste disposal engineers making their merry way along the road, rather later than usual.

Back in the innocent days of the 26th November 2018 NF had bought a couple of pairs of shoes, whilst I was irritated by more endless Win updates.

On the way out this morning noticed that the umbrella thing next door was on the garden path.

Turned out the glass top of the table thing had exploded into shards.

I suppose I'll be clearing that up this afternoon.

Since no other mother****er will be bothered to do it.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Nearly died of heatstroke on the way home.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y: The fake companies set up by the hundreds of thousands due to the inability of Companies House to check feck all.

A bucket and a half of smashed safety glass removed from next door's lawn.

I've never used a vacuum cleaner on a lawn before.

29 buckets of apples and one bucket of pears met the compost heap.

Knackered now.

Entertainment: The infinite monkey cage.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice (first of the new batch), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars: Ford Capri 2.0, some Italian thing.

Wheeler Dealiers S11 E4 Citroen 2CV, no doubt rust central but we shall see what transpires. Car SOS did one (or some other prog) not long ago. The suspension is Weird with a capital Weird.

Sacre fecking bleu, mother****er, hold yer and out you cheese eating surrender monkey.

Wasn't rust central just as well really. It wasn't the one where we see the inside of those peculiar spring systems.

Alias S4 E7 "Detente": the Black Thorion one, whatever the feck that is.

Alias S4 E8 "Echoes": Anna Espinosa is back .

Alias S4 E6 "Nocturne": commentary thereon, I could just about keep my eyes open. .

The network wanted fewer Rambaldi eps and more stand alone eps at the start of S4.

The rest of the audience wanted more Rambaldi.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2022, 11:40.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X