• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

om om om feeling hot hot hot!!!!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You get wood chip stuck to your feet.

In separate news, I’ve 3/4 pruned the bird cherry tree at the bottom of the garden.

TFBSZ. Back to my desk tomorrow to recover from gardening.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Excellent effort from vetran there!

Viewing whilst dining was the motorway thing; it appears breaking down at night in snow at the highest point of the M62 is not a good idea

And then a couple more old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

It's about 25° in here, but I'm hoping it'll cool down somewhat overnight, ready for the horrors of the next two days

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          CBS. etc
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, as predicted. Currently 20°C, with a forecast high of 37°

In here it got down to 24° overnight, which is not the ideal starting point but is a bit better than it might have been

The barometers are, interestingly, down a bit more: 1012/1020mB

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with occasional fluff. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 36 expected. Barometer down to 1021 mBar.

Towel wash ongoing.

Have to go for my covid trial check up at lunch time which means a trek down to Chelsea and Westminster hospital.

Just spotted this on Unbound, I might back it: https://unbound.com/books/20goto10/

EDIT: I did back it
              Last edited by ladymuck; 18 July 2022, 08:08.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Warm in here at 22.4 deg.

1014 mBar, 29.943 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.707 psi, (down from 1016 last night), 67% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine almost melting the heat.

Not improved by the scamming text received at 04:03 this morning regarding the £1.47 "they" want for my parcel. .

Now deposited back in 6th November 2018 wherein I watched something called "Gigli", whilst NF watched "Gattaca" and "Spotlight" or some such.

Strewth it's a bit warm, Bruce, hot enough to boil two monkey's bums & no mistake.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away. Cheese has gone up from £1.89 to £2 to £2.50 to £3 over the last couple of months.

Some rain forecast by the prognosticator for tomorrow & more rain for Wednesday.

Lunch in the unbearable heatness of being: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons linseed & soya toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment whilst variously shelling broadbeans etc.: Y&Y waffling on about the usual crap, coffee, vegan burgers, etc.

I really don't suit this weather.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85%.

It's 27.8 deg upstairs at the back, while it's 24.1 deg in here downstairs at the back, 26.6 deg in the front room office cum tip.

Looks like heat rises & solar gain gains.

Well there's a thing.

Odd that on the few time it's been an advantage to have an air con unit it's now too expensive to run.

Plus I'd die of heatstroke lugging it up from the garage. .

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens: octopuses are aliens. Ancient Aliens: flying south Asians to meso America. Olmecs & Hindus & all that.

Farscape S4 E13 "Terra Firma": back on good olde Earth.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E14 1968 International Harvester Travelall. Some sort of septic protoSUV. Jack Bauer wouldn't have been seen dead in it.

The subtitles aren't working so most of this will be viewd on mute so I don't have to listen to Motor Mouth OldYerAndOut.

"The Last Pope" on Blaze: prognostications of Armageddon foretold. (Forgive the tautology).

It's currently 36.8 deg in the salting house so it's just as well I'm not salting a pig in there.

25.3 deg in here.

Now 24.7 deg in here.

27 deg in the salting house which has two fans stirring the air up a bit.

The Last Pope was suitably millenarianist all in all, Malachy, the miracle at Fatima, and bringing up the rear, dear old Nostradamus. .

Currently: a brief section of The Blind Frog Ranch bollox on Quest+1: this makes the Oak Island nutjobs look like geniuses. .
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2022, 07:49.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Jazz thing last night with loony lady 3. Gawd. Don't know how much more I can take of her bossy yattering. And her driving is frightening, fast, wandering all over the road, one hand on the wheel. Nice when loony lady 1 comes back from The States.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Jazz thing last night with loony lady 3. Gawd. Don't know how much more I can take of her bossy yattering. And her driving is frightening, fast, wandering all over the road, one hand on the wheel. Nice when loony lady 1 comes back from The States.
                    Is this the newest loony lady that stalked you on return from one of your walks?

Comment

Morning.

I woke up about 5am when it was 17 degrees.

It is now apparently 31 degrees.

The predicted high today has gone down from 39 to 37 but tomorrows has gone up.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X