• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    And very nice it was too

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Timecop (1994) which is one of those action movies that feels like it was probably good back then, but seems a bit creaky now; the fight scenes (of which there are many) are, by modern standards, rather clunky. But overall it's not a bad story, and deserves enough benefit of the doubt for one to accept it on early 1990s terms

And then a film that I think I last watched in the 1970s, possibly on December 30th 1975: The Odd Couple (1968), although I may have watched it in the 1980s some time. Whatever, it's a great film, well worth the rewatch

And then another go at The Devil Wears Prada. A search suggests that I've watched this ten times, but I suspect there are an additional few times that aren't recorded on CUK. Anyway, I still love it and will watch it as often as I wish

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A few light clouds, but otherwise looks like it’s going to be another hot one.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Warm in here at 21.7 deg.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 68% RH.

Sunday.

BH has been <click> and <unclick> several times, determined by the irritation level generated by Paddy.

Entertainment: Dan Do (yng Nghymraeg mit subtitles on S4C, all about houses).

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

It appears to be William Shatner appreciation day: he's currently on 4 different channels: STTMP x 2, STOS x 1, Weird or Wot? x1 until 17:00, which last I'm currently watching: moving stones in Death Valley, Brown Mountain lights.

<hiatus>

Still watching Weird or Wot? with that Shatner chap, though I dozed through quite a lot of it.

Ending up with Magnetic sense in cattle, of which there is little or no evidence, with a fairly dumb experiment of sorts.

Dear old Tony Robinson wandering about from Avebury to Stonehenge.

Dear old Tony Robinson wandering along Roman Roads in the Lake District.

The God Code: more bollox on Blaze, this time about letter skips in the Torah. Or something.

UFO bollox: the less bolloxy version on Pick rather than the more bolloxy bollox on Blaze, with the added advantage of the complete & utter lack of any Ancient Alien Researchers. Which was good.

Some programme about Opal seekers in Oz. They seem less than concerned about the roof caving in. You wouldn't dig a coal seam like that. Not if you had any sense.

Started watching the Blind Frog Ranch thing but it's too much bollox even by my low standards.

If that show's not scripted then I'm an oriental gentleman & no mistake. .
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2022, 22:26.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon.

Wandered of to the supermarket at 11:10 and found it very busy. It was 28 degrees though.

Now it is 30 degrees. Hopefully it won't go any higher.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Reported some fly tipping on fixmystreet

Comment

Loony lady 3 wants to go to jazz club tonight. Tired, not sure if I will. Grumble.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Already up to 30°C outside, and 26.5° in here. It's aiming for 31°, though that's nothing really: tomorrow we're looking at 38°, and on Tuesday the predicted temperature has gone up a notch to 39°

The barometers, though, are slightly down at 1015/1023mB.

Comment

I just fell asleep for an hour or two. Before that I made the mistake of going out in the sun and standing in the rays for about 2 minutes.

Room temperature is 25.

It is apparently 30 outside.

Comment

Evening all

Hot and sunny. It's 31 degrees. Barometer still at 1024 mBar.

Got back from the parentals around 2pm. Catching up on TdF. Moving furniture about and half-heartedly trying to find places to put the contents of the last few boxes.

Comment

Working...
                      X