• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"off to Sainsbury's in the hope that it won't be busy because everybody's having their tea"

My Sainsburies seems to be short of lots of things recently, worse than during lockdown.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sainsbury's done!

It was fairly quiet, and I wasn't aware of any shortages, though I didn't need a huge amount of stuff anyway - mainly things I forgot last time

Only noticed one other person with a mask though

And before going in, I was able to get rid of a bunch of bags of old clothes in the Oxfam recycling bins, which had been emptied since last week, when I was left putting everything back in the boot because they were full to overflowing

Comment

Tea: a couple of nice thick pork chops, with chips and beans. Delicious

Comment

One has just noted one's appearance on streetview.

Must have turned up in the last couple of days coz one wasn't there the last time one looked, like.

In other news there's been much wailing & gnashing of teeth out across the road with some female or other remonstrating with some chap or other about how badly he's treated her, etc. etc.

At least they haven't started stabbing each other yet.

Happily I seem to be long past that sort of thing, unlike xogg I don't even attract the loony older ladies any more.

Which is probably a good thing.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 July 2022, 21:25.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 21 deg but it won't last.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.8 Torr, 14.808 psi, (up from 1020 last night), 68% RH.

Saturday.

Woke at 05:30 & put a blanket on the bed coz I was cold.

The usual crazy dreams probably prompted it.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unbearable heat.

A horsefly died in the execution of this exertion.

That's wot happens if you attempt to drink my blood.

I feel the gratitude of a legion of horses already.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box followed by Dead Ringers sticking the shiv into the Tory bastards.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E14 1972 Lancia Fulvia, again something that exists purely because it's in California. I've seen bits of this before.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E14 1963 Sunbeam Alpine. It's got a Brabham modified engine, or at least bits of it are modified whilst this "Edd" chap is busily porting & polishing the head.

Freecell score: 94%, running average 85%.

Entertainment: some bollox on R4 about Bunter, the fat owl of the remove, & his time at Uni.

All one needs is a time machine & a glock, it would all be so easy. .

Tea: spag with fiery bol, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens bollox: meteors: directed by aliens to change humanity.

"Ad Astra (2019)" with that Brad Pitt chap and Tommy Lee Jones doing a reprise, with Donald Sutherland, of "Space Cowboys (2000)" sans Clint Eastwood.

Inneresting enough in its way.

But "Red (2010)" is rather more fun.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 July 2022, 22:52.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, very little cloud. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Barometer steady at 1024 mBar.

Off to visit the parentals today where the high on the bit of West Sussex coast where they reside will be 22. Much more reasonable.

Comment

Morning denizens

We're back then? The forum was down when I went to bed last night

Sunny day again, though it'll get cloudier later. Currently 18°C and expected to soar to 27°, and the barometers are up a bit at 1018/1026mB. There's a 70% chance of rain on Wednesday, though I assume everything will be an arid, windswept plain littered with the skeletons of long-horned steers by then

Last night's major motion picture premiere was The Infiltrator (2016), based on the true story of a US Customs agent (I think that's who he worked for, but they have so many kinds of police over there in the land of the free so I might have got it wrong) who infiltrated the Medellin cartel via a phony money laundering scheme back in the 1980s, played by that Heisenberg chap. Very good, I thought

And then, as I was on the subject of banks and greed, a rewatch of Too Big to Fail (TV Movie 2011), HBO's dramatisation of the efforts of US Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson to control 2008's financial shenanigans

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X