• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope I don't knock me coffee over on my desk again like I've done twice in past week, they say things go in threes. Evil mug spiller demon.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
      Sunny and pleasantly warm out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts with fluffy white clouds.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1019 and a bit last night), 72% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Six lawns mown.

Nearly dead now.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, another yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Archers: apparently Jim is upset <click>

Play about Britain under the Romans in 211 A.D.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0018x0c

Well I dunno what to make of all that.

My left knee hurts. .

More lovely ripe gooseberries picked & stewed. Yum.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Charlie Chaplin.

Farscape S4 E3 "What was lost Part Deux: Resurrection": the one where the magnetic probe things are found.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E4 2001 Saab 9-3, whatever the feck that is. Motor Mouth is mouthing, hence <mute> Oh, it's a convertible red Saab with faded red paintwork (coz red is fugitive).

Liked the way the hydraulic rams were fixed. I can see why very few places do repairs. .
        The Final Solution to the Motor Mouth problem: Subtitles. It's a winner. .
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 July 2022, 18:46.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Warm and sunny, with some fluff about. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 22 forecast. No precipitation expected. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

The journey to ClientCo was busy but uneventful. Although, saying that, there was still room to breathe on the District Line. Now trying to figure out which meeting room I've booked.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny kind of start is clouding over quite rapidly. Currently 16°C with 18° arriving later, and the barometers are slightly up again at 1012/1020mB

Comment

Black bin has just been emptied, but today was a different crew to usual - instead of putting the bin onto the tipper at the back to the lorry, they grabbed the bags out of the bin. Which meant 2 bits of rubbish which weren't bagged have been left behind.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Googling some local builders etc. re various small jobs needed in house and garden. Some of these websites are a bit rubbish, you think if you applied for a quote and did submit there would be a message that your application had been received. If it just shows a blank form again not sure it's worked.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Googling some local builders etc. re various small jobs needed in house and garden. Some of these websites are a bit rubbish, you think if you applied for a quote and did submit there would be a message that your application had been received. If it just shows a blank form again not sure it's worked.
                  I noticed similar with window cleaners' websites.

Still haven't managed to book one and I may just take a mop to my windows and to hell with the perfect streak-free finish.

You may find that you have to call them (that hasn't been successful for me either as they don't seem to pick up their voicemail / return your call).

Comment

Hunting for a couple of UK based Dedicated servers.

I can safely say that fasthosts has the slowest website I've seen in years - their name is a complete lie...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Hunting for a couple of UK based Dedicated servers.

I can safely say that fasthosts has the slowest website I've seen in years - their name is a complete lie...
                      Dunno what spec you're looking for but NF (IIRC) recommended this company to me yonks ago when I was looking for a new domain registrar and they do a variety of servery things: https://www.mythic-beasts.com/

Their customer service has been very good - responsive and informative!

Comment

Working...
                      X