• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been sausage casserole with chips. Very tasty

I was going to make cakes to take down to London, as I'll miss the lunch in the park for which we were all supposed to be bringing something but thought cakes might help us get through the tedious meeting in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I forgot to put the baking powder in so they've barely risen

I haven't tried one yet, but I suspect they'll have a consistency halfway between a cake and a biscuit. I might take them down anyway if they're not too dense; they've got glacé cherries and vanilla extract in for flavouring, so maybe they'll still taste nice

Comment

The cakes aren't too bad, I suppose. Obviously they'd be better if they were lighter and fluffier, but they aren't overly stodgy and they taste nice enough. I'll take them down, and if people care to eat them, they can

After the pointless car nonsense, I finished reading The Chequer Board. An excellent book

Then whilst dining I finished off the motorway programme I started last night. And after that, a new 24 Hours in A&E, though yet again it was only a clip show, featuring some cases from 2015 and 2017.

London tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        early walk before it gets too hot.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The cakes aren't too bad, I suppose. Obviously they'd be better if they were lighter and fluffier, but they aren't overly stodgy and they taste nice enough. I'll take them down, and if people care to eat them, they can
          Ha! The number of times I've missed a key ingredient when baking. Don't tell anyone and they'll be none the wiser!

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, as threatened. Already up to 17°C and aiming for 26° here, while in That London it's going to reach 29° this afternoon. The barometers are up a bit at 1014/1022mB

Suppose I'd better get myself organised for this epic journey southwards

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, blah blah. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Cloud cover looks set to increase as the day progresses but no precipitation expected. Barometer up a touch to 1022 mBar.

HWMBO is on his way down from the cold, northern wastelands and should arrive around lunchtime.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Coolish at 19.2 deg in here.

1028 mBar, 30.357 in Hg, 771.1 Torr, 14.909 psi, (up from 1025 at some time yesterday), 73% RH.

Thursday.

The waste disposal and recycling engineers made their merry way along the road at about 06:40 or so.

For some odd reason they left a couple of examples of the waste plastic on the pavement so I've collected it & put in a bag for next week's collection.

Ah, the Middle of Lidl, how I've missed it over the last couple of years..

Ah, R4 is waffling on about the Swansea muse of Dylan Thomas. There's tidy then.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which a clegg was foolish enough to get itself killed. First of the year. .

No swans on the fishpond.

One swan on the first pond.

Very poor year for swans.

Not very good year for any other water birds. Dunno what's up.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the thing on R4 about sliced bread, TWAO, the thing about dear old Mary, aka J. Edgar Hoover.

Freecell score: 81%, running average 85% (and going down).

Front lawn strimmed and mown now the bees aren't bothering with the dandelions any more.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some sliced peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Grace Kelly.

Farscape S3 E11 E12 "Meltdown": the trapped in orbit around a star by an evil alien one.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E19 BMW E46 M3, whatever the feck that is. Motor Mouth was busily spouting but he was on mute.

Oh. They're changing it from auto to manual.

Classic Literature & Cinema: myths & leg ends. The King Arthur & Robin Hood stuff was reasonable.

Indistinguishable from Magic on Blaze: Nick Pope doing the usual.

I see there's another Trucking prog on 5Action. The narration is even more irritating than NP so I gave it a miss.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 June 2022, 20:37.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The DogTW had a couple of big swims in the sea (and then in a river to get the salt water off her), and has now crashed and burned.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On the train

Comment

Also on a train - heading south for some awards do or something

interestingly first class is complete rammed
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X