• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The grabbing hands grab all they can
    All for themselves, after all
    The grabbing hands grab all they can
    All for themselves, after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts
    Everything counts in large amounts

om!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Loony lady 1 off to US to visit daughter in couple of days. Already got loony lady 3 set up for end of week.
      slapper!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The car earlier was a Volvo estate that has a very powerful engine, apparently. And the Italian bicycle race has ended so the gold diggers were back.

Antiques bloke did his usual thing, and then there was the new series of the gold diggers, and finally the cowboy chaps who once again managed to find some of the tiniest specks of gold ever seen. On the other hand, they were (so they claimed) the first to have connected the legend of lost gold they were tracing to that specific creek and their geological argument for going there seemed reasonably sound, so maybe they've actually done something right for a change

I'm glad it's a three-day week. I don't feel particularly enthused for tomorrow and Wednesday, but at least they're the only days to be bothered about

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post

Who?
          It's been a while. .

You've been declared a sockie by aTw.

Wot an honour. .

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 May 2022, 22:33.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
            A bit overcast out, and the grass was very wet walking through the fields, but the garden has enjoyed a good watering.

In fledgling news, The WifeTM has always said there's only 2 blackbird chicks, while i have maintained it's 3. Watching clips last night she's now decided there are 3, maybe even 4. The uncertainty is due to how we are watching them. They are in a dark corner of the log store, and I've set up an Arlo Pro2 camera pointed at them, but it is probably close to 2 metres away, and slightly below the nest. The best clips it gets are when it's in night mode, rather than trying to push a colour daylight image, which ends up full of chromatic noise.
            Harry the hedgehog didn't turn up last night, possibly still recovering from The DogTW chasing him yesterday, so Mrs Fox got to eat some hedgehog food. We know she's a Mrs as she's got suckling marks on her teats.

Here endeth today's Springwatch morning update.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, with likelihood of drizzle and even rain through the day. Currently 10°C with 14° expected, and the barometers are down a little more at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Morning.

This morning's technonightmare involved 6303 transmit interrupts for no readily apparent reason.

The Deluge(tm) woke me at about 04:30 this morning.

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly at 16.8 deg in here.

1009 and a bit mBar, 29.8 in Hg, 757 Torr, 14.64 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 73% RH.

Tuesday.

Apparently back in September 2018 I was off to see the Doctor suffering from vertigo, caused, no doubt, by the foetid atmosphere in Ye New Sloughe of Desponde with its offgassing of vile tulipe from the new building.

One forgot to report that yesterday's Free Screw on the Street turned out to be a rather nice 10mm coachbolt with nyloc nut. I'm sure it'll Come In Handy(tm) at some point.

The box of Free Screws Found On The Street is now bulging due to the size of the collection.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent sunshine with big black threatening clouds here & there.

Lunch: baked potato(s) with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Enterainment: Freecell.

Gardening. Bramble massacre. Goosegrass massacre. Ivy massacre.

Came back in to hear "The song thrush and the mountain ash".

Tea: Battered cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Glen Close. No bunnies were boiled in the making of this programme. .

Farscape S2 E21 "Liars, Guns, and Money Part III: Plan B". The eyes have it. .

Wheeler Dealers: Dodge SRT-10. Some septic pickup truck thing.

Feck me it's a V10. Which now has an upgraded dual plate clutch for a mere $1k.

Coil packs are located in the V under the inlet manifold, which has to be removed to access said ignition parts.

Turns out some rodent has been eating the leads.

I want one of those brake bleeder things, though I have no idea why.

Hydraulic powered cooling fan? WTF?

FBI S1 E15 "Scorched Earth". The serial bomber one.

The Skin Clinic S4 E1: chap with bullous pemphigoid, itchy rash thing, lady with what looked like a lipoma but was instead a arteriovenous malformation (impressive operation to remove it under GA), chap with a big feckoff lipoma on his back, lady with pustular rosacea.

The chap with the itch was down to a drug associated with his diabetes altering his immune system, change of drugs plus some steroids to calm the itch.

The lady with rosacea had the usual laser treatment plus a drug.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 May 2022, 21:59.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  By a suntan and a grin

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright and dry at present. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 16 later. Rain forecast off and on with the sun attempting to show its face in between. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

I was supposed to take my car for its service and MOT this morning but got up a bit late and couldn't face the hassle of getting it jump started so that's been rescheduled to tomorrow.

No viewings booked for today.

Comment

Spoke to the agency about my concerns and we've agreed payment terms to limit my exposure. That's the best I can expect there I suspect.

Contract reviewed and all recommended amendments have been accepted and made.

Contract therefore signed! Hopefully still on track to start Monday.

Comment

Working...
                      X