• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further viewing has been Trucking Hell in which Rory took one of his vintage lorries to a field to help pull down a dead tree

Only a couple more days to go until the weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        The overnight rain must have been a lot more than I thought as one of the whisky barrel water butts was completely empty yesterday afternoon but is now full.
        Blue skies, a few high level clouds, mostly sunny but with a bit of a breeze.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ It tipped down here, I was waiting for the satellite signal to drop out but it didn't get that heavy.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Windy.

Cold in here at 13.1 deg.

989 mBar, 29.2 in Hg, 741.8 Torr, 14.34 psi, (up from 988 last night), 68% RH.

Thursday.

Following yesterday's first bus journey for 2 years, today's exploit was the first hair cut for 2 years.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, & put away, including some toothsome cumberland sausages.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese, chilli, and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some oik or other waffling on about electric cars vs petrol cars on R4.

The morning's attempted draught proofing of the living room door has proved rather fruitless since the rubber strip stuff seems to be pushing the fecking door open making it worse.

At this rate I'll be changing the lock so it closes properly.

Was thinking of a trip out to Tesco but it's raining.

Stopped raining. It's hailing instead. Murrain of beasts next.

Freecell score gazing out of the window at the sunny hail.

Fine bonfire: all the accumulated crap duly burned. Most satisfying. Didn't expect it all to go, but by jingo go it went.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog or two (well past BBE), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: half of Discovering Richard Dreyfuss.

Farscape S1 E4 "Throne for a loss": I've never seen this one before.

Discovering Antoine Fuqua. I've enjoyed quite a few of his movies.

Trucking Hell S5 E19.

Oh look, there's an Ancient Astronauts clip show on Blaze with the usual assortment of feckwhits.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 April 2022, 20:13.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with fast moving fluff this morning. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 5) with a high of 12 later. Slight chance of a shower this afternoon. Barometer way down to 985 mBar.

Tired. Blah, blah, blah.

Comment

It's been a hectic day. An urgent bug fix was needed for a thing that was causing problems for a user which needed to be fixed by tomorrow at the latest - I think it might have been to do with creating a report to the minister or something like that. But one of the devs who knows how this stuff works was off sick, while the other was off doing something else and not responding to chat or email. I managed to work it out in the end and get a fix deployed in double-quick time, so now I'm the hero of the hour

Lunch, hastily grabbed in the midst of all this, was corned beef butties

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Very windy out, but quite sunny at the moment

Only just noticed I neglected to post an update this morning, probably because I was thinking about that bug

Currently 7°C, "feels like" 2°, barometers a tad down at 985/993mB

Comment

Oh, and I took down my recycling and trundled forth the recycling bin on the way out

Comment

Traffic at a standstill outside, despite people honking their horns. Turns out there's association football going on in a while

Comment

It was still daylight when I stopped work for the day, which made a nice change.

Having an evening of catching up on The Repair Shop.

Comment

Working...
                      X