• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the shouty Australians, next up was S1E6 of This is Going to Hurt, in which nothing gets any better

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into Asiana Airlines Flight 214, which landed at SFO in 2013; just not where it was supposed to, with the result that much of it ended up a long way from the rest of it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      Dry, with some light cloud here. A pleasant walk apart from the odd aches and pains.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Birthday party done...
      I wish I hadn't gone. 8 of us at the party. The birthday boy tested positive yesterday.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky. Dry. Cold. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 2) but with a high of 12 later. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Tired this morning.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cold in here at 11.4 deg.

Windy.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1012 mBar last night), 68% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which the wind got windier, the cold got colder, the blue skies disappeared and the BS gloom appeared along with the BS sprinkling of rain just to gee everyone up.

Lunch: carrot & coriander soup with added chilli and Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last bit of the first of the Bab5 "Lost Tales" that I didn't watch yesterday plus some of the special features.

In other other news, Something Very Very Loud just flew over but the gloom prevented identification.

https://www.flightradar24.com/SONIC022/2b10b6c6

Sonic022 apparently.

After flying round and round and round and round and round and round over Swansea Bay it buggered off back whence it came.

Freecell score: 100% (of 9), running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco battered haddock, some fruit cocktail, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jodie Foster.

Quantum Leap S5 E16 "Return of the evil leaper".

Car SOS S9 E10 "Ford Cortina MkIII". Another rustbucket no doubt.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 March 2022, 19:08.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though a bit chilly: nominally 2°C, but there's a bit of frost on at least one roof out the back. But 11° is expected later. Barometers down a bit at 1006/1013mB

Comment

For a mid-morning snack, a slice of toast with marmite has been had.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I wish I hadn't gone. 8 of us at the party. The birthday boy tested positive yesterday.

Good luck…

Comment

Slice of buttered wholemeal toast had to tide me over

Couple of hours of meetings coming up - retrospective, then planning

On the bright side, my timesheet for last week has been approved

Comment

Meetings overran

But once they were out of the way, lunch was bacon butties, and very nice they were too

Comment

New bird book arrived today, as we realised the most recent ID book we had was over 20 years old and UK wildlife has changed a bit.
                      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0691199795/r
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X