• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the supermarket - Sainsburys.

Supermarket was full of people with trolleys looking rather shell shocked.

On the way back it started raining

Then had stir fry for lunch.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are up, now I've remembered it's Monday

Comment

Waiting for a meeting to start. I might text HWMBO and request a G&T be made

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's supposed to be 12°C out there but it didn't feel like it - the breeze is very light, but seems quite chilly

Comment

I ended up making the G&T as my butler was busy but he's since redeemed himself with some very good cocktails. I don't care that it's a Monday.

Ents has been tat on YouTube as neither of us has sufficient attention span to watch anything else.

Comment

Tea has been scouse made with the rest of the roast beef, as predicted, along with a thick end of sesame bloomer. It turned out very nice

And four more very generous portions are cooling down ready for the fridge overnight and then the freezer

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly this evening was more of the usual gubbins: the car programme (an MGA, forerunner of the MGB), the gold miners, the antiques bloke, and the opal miners.

Then during and after dinner, it was a new episode of Traffic Cops

Early night now, as I have to be up at a sensible time tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start out, though with some quite large white fluffy bits bimbling about. Currently 6°C with 14° promised for this afternoon, but it'll also get cloudier; barometers unchanged at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Morning.

The Perpetual Grey has returned unbidden.

Sunless.

Dry.

Cold in here at 12.4 deg.

1019 mBar,30.1 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.78 psi, (down from 1022 mBar last night), 73% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

The Back, for some reason known only to itself, has decided that today is a good day to twinge threateningly.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Met two ex colleagues and Went For A Coffee.

Now expecting The Plague within a couple of days.

Lunch: ham & lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The bit of TWAO up until Sasha Boris Bozo, the fat owl of the remove, turned up to spout various lies about tulipe, whereupon <click> took place.

Oh if only the <click> was permanent, the silence from the obnoxious slug would make my day.

The fat oik must be gutted that someone else's impression of WSC is so much more effective and affecting than his.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in The Perpetual Grey, which was rather pleasantly warmish in an unseasonal clement sort of way.

Also noted that the buildup of detritus left by the scum is increasing daily, probably enough for a collection thereof tomorrow.

After I've stuck next door's rainwater downpipe back whence it came.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, some peach slices (last of), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Anthony Hopkins (Sir, there's tidy then).

The penultimate (thank feck) ep of Quantum Leap S5 E21 "Memphis Melody", the one about Elvis apparently.

"What if Putin goes nucklear": more joy on 4. Wasn't on, so replaced by:

Car SOS S9 E1 The Bond Bug. Feck me, barrel, bottom of, scraping.

Indeed. Chassis, such as it is, had welding on it even I would be ashamed of, and a new replacement was fabbed up.

All in all, not a bad restoration & quite inneresting in its way.

"FBI" on Pick+1. Only watched it because it was about a sniper, who was using a 6.5mm Grendel apparently.

Being hit in the arm by such leaves the bullet therein rather than taking your arm off. .
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2022, 12:31.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X