• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third load now in the WM - jeans.

I may also do a towels wash and then that'll be all laundry related chores done.

Comment

Just checked out my drive to IOW tomorrow and it apparently takes 19hr 25min to drive 59 miles. Doh! I had it set to walking mode.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Just checked out my drive to IOW tomorrow and it apparently takes 19hr 25min to drive 59 miles. Doh! I had it set to walking mode.
        I do that quite often. Once set out from Brighton and Google Maps started telling me to drive through parks and pedestrian areas and such

Comment

Tea has been one of those really nice steak and caramelised onion burgers in a sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries

Comment

Had a Bonfire earlier. I’d put the prunings from 2 apple trees, a couple of hollies, etc under a big tarp about a month ago and it had dried out well. Pruned back a dogwood hedge earlier and that went up too. A cold evening yet I was hot. Now TFBSZ, with a load of gardening aches and pains.
            bins trundled for tomorrow just in case I can’t move by 10am
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly tonight started with 24 House in Police Custody about a murder among the Lithuanian diaspora of Wisbech

Then a shortened The Repair Shop; and finally, Inside the Factory on the subject of Henry vacuum cleaners

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Glad we had the fire yesterday, it rained overnight and is still spitting a bit.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For some reason I was dreaming about a Rover 100 P4 that I'd bought, or it might have been a 110.

Oddly, instead of the battery being under the rear passenger seat, it, and the ignition system seemed to be in the centre console (that the car never had).

We won't go into the part about the lady who seemed distinctly uninnerested in making babies.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

NotSoCold at 12.7 deg in here.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.6 Torr, 14.765 psi, 69% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine rusting gently in the drizzle.

Here's a bendy 6502 for Mr NF:

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/ne...stors-2022-02/

It's a bit slooooooow though.

The drizzle has abated.

It's pissing down instead.

Walk unWalked.

Lunch: poached tomato and chilli scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.92 pints* of good Glengettie tea.

*Teapot overfilled.

Entertainment: nothing. Can't bear to turn the wireless on. Might venture to watch more Bab5 shortly.

Discovered this morning that the teacher training place up on Townhill (part of Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde) is to be redeveloped: the student halls demolished, the Edwardian building turned into flats, and, presumably, barbed wire emplacements & machine gun towers erected to keep the locals out.

Site was sold by dear old Curly once he'd shifted everything out down to the docks in whatever mad insane plan he's following, presumably A Cunning Plan to turn £30M cash in the bank into £100M debt.

Good to see who's first in the list of "notable alumni":

https://www.google.com/search?client...&bih=490&dpr=1

Freecell score (other box): 89%, running average 84%.

Tea: meatballs in chilli sauce with rice n peas, a yog, the last of the fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Carole Lombard.

Quantum Leap S5 E10 "Trilogy Part III" the one where Sam finds he has a daughter.

Bab5 S5 E15 "Darkness Ascending": the identity of the attackers is revealed.

Oak Island nutjobbery S8 E23 "Old Wharfe's tale". A British naval button on Ball's property. Two wharves underwater. This has really reached the higher tedium.

NCIS S18 E9 "Winter chill". Well that was fecking happy.

Bab5 S5 E16 "And all my dreams torn assunder"
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2022, 23:20.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright but overcast this morning. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12 later. Rain expected from early evening onwards.

Slept well enough but woke before 4am and was anxious about something but I have no idea what. I managed to doze off and on until a more reasonable hour arrived.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, and damp from occasional showers that will become more frequent later

Currently 9°C on its way to 11°; barometers basically the same at 1015/1021mB

The Toyota is off for its MOT at lunchtime. Assuming I get to leave it with them rather than wait while it's done, this means I could pop into Greggs for lunch on the way back

Comment

Working...
                      X