• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cold in here at 11.7 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (down from 1028 mBar last night), 69% RH.

Saturday.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

The clouds are movng towards the north, which is unusual around here.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100% on this box, running average 86%.

Freecell score: 86% on other box, running average 84%.

Tea: fiery bol & spag, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM on R4. There's a storm coming.

Ancient Aliens bollox on Blaze: pyramids == power stations of the gods, now they've mentioned Tesla and distributed power, and obelisks.

Obviously the pyramids were erected to sharpen the Pharaoh's razor blades.

Feck me, I could dream up crap like this & get paid for it.

Sufficiently crap to lead to me watching the last 10 minutes of "Paper Tiger (1975)" with that David Niven cove.

Bab5 S5 E8 "Day of the Dead": lots of dead people turn up, including Mr Morden, despite his head being on a pike on Centauri Prime.

Bab5 S5 E9 "In the Kingdom of the Blind": Londo is back on Centauri Prime, odd things are ongoing.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 February 2022, 21:13.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Lovely warm sunny day here in Nottingham. Currently 9 degrees. As I'm heading home, I see that it's 10 in London and sunny there too.

Had a fab night out with my work / ex-work colleagues. Got to bed at 3am and sensibly booked the 1150 train so I could have a lie in.

I would say, never stay at the Park Plaza on Maid Marian Way. It would seem the housekeeping staff think that medicines in the fridge, toothbrushes, toothpaste and their travel box, spare reusable face masks, and make up remover should be removed from the room.

Comment

Hello Leicester!

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Blue sky but somewhat shielded by hazy high cloud and vapour trails that are dispersing very slowly. Currently 9°C which is as good as it gets, but no rain expected; barometers are up a little at 1018/1026mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Hello Leicester!

Comment

Turkey soup and multiseed bread for lunch

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

The journey home was smooth and uneventful. Haven't yet unpacked but instead have been very lazy sitting on the sofa watching tat on TV.

Early night beckons.

EDIT: just remembered I didn't report that my delayed trip up was eligible for a full refund!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In the Chinese
                      And very nice too

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      EDIT: just remembered I didn't report that my delayed trip up was eligible for a full refund!
                      Nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X