• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Defender has just asked me to review and send them a file.

The file is part of Visual Studio 2022 which I'm currently installing
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky again. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 2) with a high of 8. Rain expected overnight. Barometer down to 1022 mBar.

Didn't sleep all that well, tired this morning.

Comment

Morning all
        Windy overnight but it's easing now. Pleasant sunrise earlier - it was already quite bright by 7.30am.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 13.2 deg.

1026 mBar, 30.297 in Hg, 769.6 Torr, 14.88 psi, 64% RH.

Monday.

The glowing of the telex machine increased by the lateness of my waking: 09:15.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised and put away.

It rained on me on the way down.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the blustery sunshine/rain/drizzle.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO wherein we learn that Boris Bozo Bunter, the fat owl of the remove, proves his teflon coating remains, muchly due to the Met plod.

And Monday Links.

Freecell score: 100% (of 9), running average 84% (84.34%).

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice'n peas, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Gene Hackman. Never my favourite actor by any means.

Quantum Leap S4 E12 "Running for Honor".

NCIS LA S11 E21 "Murder of Crows".

Oak Island nutjobbery S8 E19 "a loose cannonball": I predict Yet More Fecking Wood, Wood on top of the first lot of wood, irony wood, woody iron, a bit of coal. Feck me there's 25 eps in S8.

Gary's found a castor (as in furniture type castor) quite what it was doing that far underground is debatable.

And some ?coconut? fibre.

It's more inneresting reading the reddit threads about the various finds than actually watching this futile programme.
          https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/c...d_could_it_be/

And a "cannonball" (as in a stone ball about an inch & a half across).

Oh. They've Found A Hole.

NCIS S18 E5 "Head of the snake"

Bab5 S2 E9 "The coming of the shadows": Ooooer, Mrs.

Bab5 S2 E10 "GROPOS".
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 February 2022, 08:59.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day out, currently 6°C with no better than 7° expected later. Barometers slightly down at 1016/1023mB. Still a bit breezy out, it seems, but I think the trailing bit of the storm that passed us overnight has pretty much moved on now

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              £5.30 for less than 5 minutes parking!
              so Windsor pricing!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: a beef cob, taken from the joint I roasted yesterday. Nice and tender, and I managed to get it reasonably rare for a change

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and blue rings closed

Late today because of watching the idiot blathering in defence of the indefensible (himself) for two hours on BBC Parliament

There's still a bit of a chilly breeze out there, but it was only in my face for the first leg and I'd remembered my scarf

There's a bus stop I go past with a bus shelter. But today, it didn't have a bus shelter. And, oddly, there was no trace on the pavement, which is Tarmac at that point, of holes that had been filled in when it was removed. Maybe they were just hard to see because it was dark, but I might go and have a look on Street View and make sure there really has been a bus shelter there and I wasn't just imagining it every time I walked past it over the last eighteen months or so

Comment

Hectic day, only just finished.

The bonus of having a butler around is that a G&T was brought to me around 6pm.

Comment

Working...
                      X