• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: leftover pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

Still sunny here

Comment

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye with chips, fried onions and beans

Accompanied by the rest of an episode of Trucking Hell that I started watching… last week, maybe? It's the one where they're trying to get a double-decker bus that hasn't moved in eight years out of a school playground

Comment

Traitors has been watched.
        A “slide deck” is ready for the training course I’m giving tomorrow to someone who is going for DoE Silver.

And now it’s TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After a mediocre day at work and a very nice date night with HWMBO, it's time for bed. We leave for that London tomorrow afternoon.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 20 January 2024, 12:16. Reason: correcting a typo due to being drunk at the time of writing

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Super 8 (2011). It's OK; even pretty good in parts. But I'll never understand this obsession successful Hollywood directors have with making films about teenagers in situations vaguely similar to situations they saw in films when they were teenagers. I can only assume they think it's charming and nostalgic, but teenagers are actually rather tiresome. Still, not a bad film all in all

Spoiler alert: there's a very impressive train crash that really kicks off the story in that one, so naturally it occurred to me to then rewatch Unstoppable (2010) because it's about a train that won't stop. It's a very good film in the genre of films about trains, though I suspect the positively lackadaisical attitude to the safe operation of the railway from top to bottom of the corporate hierarchy is, sadly, quite realistic in the context of the USA, a nation where returns to shareholders are always thought to take priority over… well, anything, and certainly safety

Goodnight all

Comment

Creative writing group sparse again yesterday. Got 12 signed up but a whole 4 turned up. Day to meself today, thank Satan.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Poor night's sleep.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dry (so far).

Sunless.

NotSoCold in here at 10.1 deg, 8.5 deg in the kitchen, 7.5 deg in the leanto, 6 deg in the salting house.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1019.5 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 56% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 19th of August 2019 more buckets of apples were consigned to the compost heap, more of the then current books were read, apparently mushrooms had been picked by WTFH, and the pruning of the apple & pear trees was contemplated, with the addition of the clearing of the raspberry canes, honeysuckle, hedge thing, etc at the bottom of the garden (all of which has come to pass though the forsythia remains along with some other flowery bush things that the bees like).

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Spotted with rain but at least it's not so cold.

Lunch: overbaked potato. etc.

Entertainment: The News Quiz (from Swansea),

Wheeler Dealers S13 E17 The 1916 Cadillac one where Edd puts one over on Tub o'Lard & buys it for £37k. And that's the last we see of Edd.

Humback whale spotted off Wales.

There are rumours of a decloaked Klingon Bird of Prey being present.

Raining.

The Korean War E1&2.

Tea: spag bol etc.

Weatherman Walking.

Dixon of Dock Green. S2 E10 "The rotten apple (1956)" Paul Eddington being said apple.

Maigret. S4 E2 "the Fontenay Murders (1963)"

Jeff Beck Live at the Hollywood Bowl. Well it's on. Billy Gibbons: Rough Boy.

https://www.veojam.com/watch/1528324516

Strange Evidence on Blaze. Texas spider web: everything's bigger in Texas ?man eating spiders. . Baltimore street collapse. Block of ice falls off a plane in Kew. ?UFO? was waiting for that. . The tree that gushes blood. .

Spanish customs thing, on DMAX.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 January 2024, 22:40.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Dull, damp, some spots of rain. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 9 expected.

HWMBO and I are at Glasgow airport awaiting our flight down to that London. Weather there is 6 degrees and marginally sunnier.

BA IT is being its usual self and the app is presenting a boarding pass that displays last weekend's flight details. Fortunately the barcode scans ok. I got a BP printed just in case I need it.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 20 January 2024, 12:23. Reason: correcting autocorrect that put an apostrophe in its

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, and the wind is starting to get up. Somewhat warmer than it has been at 4°C and maybe getting to 5° in a bit, while the barometers are essentially unchanged at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Afternoon all
                      Cloudy and cold here with a wind that would cut you in half.
                      Just done the first DoE Silver session, which appeared to go well. Now have to work out what to do next Saturday.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X