• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Then Why Ships Crash, a documentary on iPlayer about the Ever Given and its unfortunate accident in the Suez Canal, with some bits and bobs about other such maritime disasters thrown in. Very interesting, I thought
    That sounds interesting, added that for later viewing!

I watched Resident Evil Apocalypse (2004) to keep me awake.

Still waiting to do my reconciliation work which, if ok, then leads to configuration of the document libraries and then issuing end user comms before I can finally go to bed.

We need to get it done before the teams in Hyderabad wake up and, as it's 0640 there at present, we are fast running out of time.

Comment

Well we ended up pulling the migration and will have another go next weekend.

Time for bed.

Comment

Morning all

8am KT session cancelled at 3am. Too late, I'm up and ready for it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all

8am KT session cancelled at 3am. Too late, I'm up and ready for it.
          The joys of multiple time zones.

Used to happen to me when someone cancelled a 9am meeting in Finland / Greece, think of the person in the UK who is getting up for 7am to attend this meeting (and is usually all prepped for it unlike the local attenders).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

NotSoCold again at 13.4 deg in here.

1031 mBar, 30.44 in Hg, 773.3 Torr, 14.95 psi, 61% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming, not improved much by several power cuts last night.

Dreams including an odd one about the General Automation GA16-220, specifically the cartridge hard disk drives. Very strange. I wonder whence that came. Specifically, in General, about the Dynex drive rather than the Wang.

A bit like this one:
            https://www.zdnet.com/a/img/resize/0...ebp&width=1092

Can't use the [ img ] thing coz it stops me editing.

Stone me, you could get a kit to fit one (or two or three or four) to your Altair 8800 computer.

http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtual...ac_88-HDSK.asp

That must have cost a bob or two.

A whole 80Mb, just imagine what you could have done with that.

I think the GA had 20Mb IIRC.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Wilko done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Wilko didn't have another of those greenhouse thermometer things which was irritating, but they did have Persil non bio which Morrisons didn't.

Bunch of jeans in the WM (including the pair with the gaping hole in the seat).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (the remaining slightly blue round from last week), bramble jelly sandwich on fresh, non blue round, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Jeans out of the WM and into the TD wherein they'll remain for a good 2 hours at a guess.

It should have stopped by now.

Another afternoon spent on Monday Links, nuvistors, Ampex Vr2000, krytrons, and similar things.

Tea: lamb's liver & onions, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Gina Lollobrigida.

Quantum Leap S4 E7 "The Wrong Stuff": the chimps in space one.

NCIS LA S11 E16 "Alsiyasun".

Oak Island nutjobbery S8 E18 "Cannon Fodder" wherein they find wood, more wood, a bit of cannon, more wood, some other wood they hadn't found before, and wood.

NCIS S18 E4 "Sunburn"

Bab5 S1 E9 "Deathwalker"
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2022, 19:30.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Yet another grey day, not that warm at 3°C with a possible 4° later; barometers about the same at 1026/1034mB

Quite a decent night's sleep was had

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Well we ended up pulling the migration and will have another go next weekend.

Time for bed.

Ouch

Comment

Morning all

It's cloudy and dry again. Currently 4 degrees and the high will, once again, be 6. The barometer has dropped a tiny bit to 1033 mBar.

Had a bit of a lie in but I'm not entirely sure I feel better for it. I suspect it'll be an early night tonight. Now to log in and see what outrage we've gotten from the business for pulling their go-live for the second time at the 11th hour. It doesn't exactly breed confidence in the process.

Comment

Bit of wholemeal toast, just to tide me over

Comment

I just had some toast, too! Mine was Jason's White Sourdough, Receipe No1 The Great White. One of those loaves where I have to cut the slices in half to fit them in my toaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X