• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I did have a scan through, funnily enough.

My TV and sofa bed are on there at the moment! TV was snapped up quickly, the sofa bed is a slower burn.
    Have you asked atW if he wants another sofa? Yeh, I moderate for Freecycle and too many sofas.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Have you asked atW if he wants another sofa? Yeh, I moderate for Freecycle and too many sofas.
      Currently going through the silly questions on my sofa, such as, will it fit in my car?

Err...

Comment

Nice roast beef dinner for tea

Down to 2°C out, apparently

Comment

There's two more Valhalla Murders to watch...
          "Kata" was also in Trapped, Series 2.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

There's two more Valhalla Murders to watch...
            Watched episode 3 tonight. I think the Norwegian cop might be the killer, or have been a boy at Kincora, sorry Valhalla.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No tell tonight, apart from a bit of Police Interceptors chuntering along as I ate, as I wasn't in the mood. Instead, I caught up with Sam Pepys' activities in August 1664

Turning a little foggy out now

Goodnight all
              Last edited by NickFitz; 7 December 2020, 00:26.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Watched episode 3 tonight. I think the Norwegian cop might be the killer, or have been a boy at Kincora, sorry Valhalla.
                There's definitely something suss about him.

Comment

Morning all

It was a bit dark out when I got up but the sun is slowly making its presence known. It was overcast, too, which didn't help matters. Currently dry and unlikely to rain today. Weather app says it's 1 degree out and we'll reach the heady heights of 3 later. There may be some sunshine poking through at some point. Barometer down a smidge to 999 mBar.

First coffee nearly finished. First meeting was put back half an hour so I have a bit more time to wake up.

Much interest on Freecycle in my old Samsung 40 inch TV and moderate interest in the sofa bed. Hopefully both will be gone soon, possibly today.

Comment

Morning all
                    Still below freezing out, which makes it chilly on a walk without a hat or scarf.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey/white sky with pink bits.

Not frost.

Sunless.

Much warmer at 14.4 deg in here.

998 mBar and 63% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming again.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Rather warmer today due to the overcast.

There was someone chopping stuff up with a chainsaw by the res.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Your FOaTws do seem to have worked, he's much sillier and less DOOMy now.
                      I really find I don't give a tulip any more.

I've changed the record as requested.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust, wrong sort of loaf), bramble jelly on crust of same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Yet another trip to B&Q, well it's somewhere to go , to buy some PVA for the concrete filleting.

Dunno if it'll make any difference but it's cheap enough not to matter much.

Also bought a stopcock for the shower since I can't get the existing one to pieces to replace the washer since the handle won't come off and the shroud does lift off enough to slip a 13/16ths spanner between it and the tap body.

I fecking hate plumbing.

<hiatus>

Tea: more of the roast beef, hard as a rock and meh, a Tesco lattice top mince pie with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The latter part of "Buchanan Rides Alone (1958)" with Ole Stoneface himself, Randolph Scott, and a very young LQ Jones.

It's a Budd Boetticher oater, so all the better for that.

Bit of Police Interceptors on Paramount.

Now: Trucking Hell on Paramount.

Next: Griff Rees Jones in Oz on ITV4+1. (maybe).

After: Agor Y Clo on S4C (maybe).
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 December 2020, 20:37.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X