• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Murky out, but The Dog (tw) needs walking.

Suspect today will be spent writing cards and putting up decorations. (Yes, V early for us, but it seems to be the thing to do this year in an effort to cheer people up)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all
      Murky out, but The Dog (tw) needs walking.

Suspect today will be spent writing cards and putting up decorations. (Yes, V early for us, but it seems to be the thing to do this year in an effort to cheer people up)
      My cards are always done the first weekend of December. I never do decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        Bells on Sunday
        Something Understood

I can't get no sleep...
        Bells on Sunday is way too early for me! One of the rare things that R4 doesn't seem to repeat...

Comment

Morning all

Currently dry but there's wet ground so I presume there was a shower in the early hours. Overcast. Currently 4 degrees and a high of 6 forecast. Looks like it's going to be a on / off showers type of day with a slight possibility of the sun poking through occasionally. Barometer up to 1001 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Comment

In other news. I had noticed that 4 of the 6 spot lights in my kitchen had gone. Two definitely went while HWMBO was here and the other two more recently.

These are the annoying lights that require a ladder, a means of digging the fitting out of the ceiling, untwisting from the power and then unclipping from the light fitting. Whilst doing this, one gets lots of ceiling crud in one's eyes.

All in all it's a tedious and uncomfortable exercise, especially for someone who doesn't like ladders very much.

In the week I did the two easiest bulbs, where I could support myself on the worktop and so feel less like death was imminent.

This morning I did the next easiest, which was over the hob. I could use the kitchen cabinets for additional support although I still felt generally unsafe.

The final one is above the kitchen door. No additional support available here. It's the least important one but it annoys me that it's not working and I want to complete the switch over to LED.

Comment

Well that turned out to be easier than expected. It must be the first?/last? in the chain as the light fitting wasn't attached to a cable or whatever so I could take it fully out of the ceiling and do the faff with the clip without having to stretch my arms up high.

Nice and bright in my kitchen again
              Last edited by ladymuck; 6 December 2020, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                In other news. I had noticed that 4 of the 6 spot lights in my kitchen had gone. Two definitely went while HWMBO was here and the other two more recently.
                You are supposed to swing from the chandaliers. Not the kitchen lights.

HTH

Comment

Afternoon

Popped to the shops to get a few bits and there were queues!

I even had to queue for 2 minutes to get into M&S.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Fairly cloudy out, and at 4°C it's not exactly baking

Comment

Walk walked to Curley High Point. Can be quite a busy viewpoint towards Ascot on the left, Wembley Arch in the middle, far distant, and The City on the right, far distant.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X