• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idiot delivery company is now going to deliver the parcel they should have delivered last Thursday this evening.

They returned it to the retailer claiming they couldn't find my address. I pointed out to the retailer they could find it earlier the same day so they weren't telling the truth.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

An afternoon of tech issues...

Tech issue 1 of 3:

Idiot Tado isn't working still.

Well, that does depend on your perspective of course. Heating on 24/7 and completely uncontrollable doesn't meet my idea of an MVP.

HWMBO is enlisting the assistance of his nephew to verify the wiring whilst I've gone back to Tado to enquire whether they omitted to tell me about any configuration steps.

UPDATE: Nephew says nowt wrong wit' wiring from what he can see. Ball back in Tado's court.

Tech issue 2 of 3:

My mobile is still, intermittently, deciding I am not worthy of any external connectivity requiring me to restart it to reinstate such a basic service.

Tech issue 3 of 3:

My aged printer has long been flaky about picking up paper and now it's down right refusing to. I gave the pick up rollers a cursory clean up but have ordered a new set too. If that doesn't fix it then I guess I'll have to buy myself a new printer
      Last edited by ladymuck; 24 November 2020, 16:30.

Comment

Afternoon walk complete as the sun is going down.

A miracle happened earlier where an sFTP connection between two companies worked first time.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Iceland visited and Yorkshire puds secured

Eighteen for a quid at the moment! Some kind of 50% extra free deal; luckily I had room for them in the freezer.

And also for the couple of Greggs steak bakes for home cooking I picked up while I was about it

Comment

A child in twin A's year has Covid so she now needs to self-isolate for the next 10 days.

I'm going to insist she lives in the west wing (extension) and doesn't leave except for meals.
            Last edited by eek; 24 November 2020, 17:16.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had the bill for the roof.

Pity he buggered off before I could write him a cheque.

Six bags of concrete duly installed in the floor of the tin shed.

From the looks of things, another 8 should do the business.

Tea: Tesco unchunky breaded haddock, stewed Granny Smith's apples with icecream and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD.

<hiatus>

More of "Gettysburg (1993)".

"Abandoned Engineering" on Yesterday, presumably something Nazi.

Possibly the thing about Amazon at 21:00 on 4.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2020, 18:10.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Looks like I'll be spending Christmas on my own for the first time in my life. We normally go to my sister and her husband, but they're already in a bubble with my parents, and TBH I think they've been cheating a bit by also bubbling with his parents, who also always come there for Christmas; both sets of parents live within a mile or so of them. So that'll be the three households right there, given that none of the parents are really well enough to travel further away to anybody else, nor to handle putting it on themselves.

There's a risk my brother might think of inviting me to his, but I'm hoping his two households will be taken up by my nieces and some subset of his wife's children, which would leave me home and dry

Well, not dry

Comment

Christmas alone. Bliss!

Comment

Oh wait, there could be a catch! If you're already in a support bubble, you and they count as one household, so my parents won't count towards the total. That means there'll be one spare slot for a household (assuming his parents come and are the second), and they'll probably say I should take it "so you won't be on your own for Christmas"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Christmas alone. Bliss!
                      I know! I just hope it happens given this pre-existing bubble nonsense

Comment

Working...
                      X