• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hour-long meeting was wrapped up in twenty minutes

Comment

Well, that was a pretty good afternoon in the end. I went from "Gawd, I haven't the faintest idea how to make that work " to "Sorted; and nicely done too " not once, not twice, but three times in the last three hours

Time for a walk I suppose, while it's still light out

Comment

Bill, your friend Phil has blocked me every where. Can I have his contact number, please?

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Need to get the dinner on soon.

Comment

Evening all

it's been a very pleasant, if chilly, day out. High of about 8 degrees, dry, sunshine and clouds. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Visited the parentals. The car behaved and started as it ought to. Mum cooked a lasagne and salad for lunch. Dad is worried about her memory and I noticed her hands were a bit shaky (as did HWMBO). I seriously hope it's not a sign of bad things to come.

Now watching an instructional video for a restaurant cook-at-home meal that's being delivered on Friday. HWMBO is having a good chuckle.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            The World Health Organisation is established by the United Nations 1948

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Scotch broth and wholemeal bread for lunch

I need something to sustain me: another hour-long meeting in a few minutes

But I'm able to look at tomorrow afternoon's box saying "Out of office: vaccine 2" in Google Calendar, which is enough to cheer anyone up
              zenchury

Comment

Dinner has been a roast Big Chicken dinner, and it was well nice

But it really was a big one; just over 4½ pounds

So I really should have put it on an hour earlier than I did as it wasn't ready until dead late. I need to relearn that meals on nights when I have to be up for work in the morning should be something that's really easy and quick to throw together

Still, there'll be plenty of soup to come from it, so that'll be a few lunches sorted out too

Comment

s
                  Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Visited the parentals. The car behaved and started as it ought to. Mum cooked a lasagne and salad for lunch. Dad is worried about her memory and I noticed her hands were a bit shaky (as did HWMBO). I seriously hope it's not a sign of bad things to come.
                  My parents both found their memories getting seriously rubbish quite a few years ago, but in other respects they're both sharp as tacks, so it may not be something to worry about too much

My dad told me that one advantage is that he can watch films and TV shows he likes repeatedly, as he never remembers what happened so it's like watching new episodes every time

Comment

Another late dinner meant once again that there wasn't much time for telly, so it was just a bit more Trucking Hell, including a lorry that had blown over on the bridge across the River Nene just by Thrapstone on the A14

The name of the Nene is pronounced both "Nen" and "Neen", and the last time anybody bothered to check, Thrapstone is the place it changes: upstream (south) of there they say "Nen", and downstream it's "Neen"

Early night again. It doesn't feel like a four day week

Goodnight all

Comment

Temperature 2.1 °C
                      Relative humidity 59%
                      Pressure 988 hPa

Snow's all gone.

Last night's dinner was rice, with kale cooked in vinegar, another kalelike vegetable, chinese omelette, fried salmon. Just what I needed as food has been a bit rich the last few days. Tonight is chinese pork. Lunch at grandsprogs - my daughter is coming with me, now we're allowed ten people inside.

Back to developing a plugin for Eclipse. Made harder that it has to integrate with the SAP ABAP plugin (ADT). The API is partially documented, but so many classes are "discouraged use". Thankfully, I've got an inside contact with the ADT development team, so if I get really stuck, I can get help. Of course, last time I did that, 30 seconds later I worked out what the issue was.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X