• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can fix cars, fix dinner, but I can't fix stupid... [emoji1787]
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

And that's the end of The Sopranos: Chasing It (TV Episode 2007), Walk Like a Man (TV Episode 2007), Kennedy and Heidi (TV Episode 2007), The Second Coming (TV Episode 2007), The Blue Comet (TV Episode 2007), and Made in America (TV Episode 2007)

I forgot to close the bedroom window and leave the door open so the heat from the living room could diffuse in, so the bed is well aired but it's 12°C in here. Still, I've got those furry throws laid over the duvet, so I'm sure it'll be fine after a few minutes

Goodnight all
      Last edited by NickFitz; 29 December 2020, 06:22.

Comment

Morning all

It's dark still. Dry but cloudy, About 1 degree and will maybe get up to 3 later. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 996 mBar.

Hungover. HWMBO is a bad influence.

Wrapped in a blanket in my office wishing I was back in bed. That could well happen

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        El Salvador's 'Chaparrastique' volcano erupts for the first time in 37 years 2013

Comment

Morning all.

Just sorting out some home insurance. (Yes I'm the weirdo whose insurance policies start/end around Christmas as it is cheaper.)

Now going back to bed as it is current 2 degrees according to my weather app.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning.

Seemed very light outside at 06:30, turns out there was a clear sky & a full moon in the west, quite lovely if you like that sort of thing.

Dozed away for 2 hours. :

Dry.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds in places.

Sunny.

16 deg in here.

991 mBar, 29.26 inHg, 58% RH.

Tuesday.

Apparently it's TV Times purchasing day.

<hiatus>

TV Times purchased, still £2.20!

Walk duly walked in bracing weather, lovely & sunny & bright.

More tinsheddery in progress: ancient kitchen cupboard thing "repaired", replacing various bits of rotted away ply & such like with more timber carefully collected by Strangelove Senior and bequeathed to me.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly (new pot) sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, and a yog (non corner).

Having duly turned said cupboard thing the right way up, stuff was put on top of it so the "workbench" was reachable.

Said "workbench" rapidly exited the door in bits, being of little use.

For some reason there's a large grey case that'd be ideal for a sniper rifle if it was smaller.

I reckon you could easily get a Barrett in it.

Once more of the crap had existed the shed, the replacement legs for the new bench got made, while the timber that's likely to be the top was removed from the carport ready for chopping up tomorrow.

Knackered.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, non corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Weatherman Walking" with Derek, this one was about the hill the Saes walked up & came back down as a mountain, plus a walk around Holyhead mountain.

Tudur Owen's TV Flashback: Politicians. Moderately amusing.

Now: Queen Live at Milton Keynes on Sky Arts. The audio is appalling.

Feck me, during Bohemian Rhapsody someone on acid started using the Quantel effects unit.

Next: probably not The Xmas Lectures.

Thing about Scotland on, oddly enough, BBC Scotland with that Prof. Ian Stewart chap waffling on about CO2 & the like, with windmills thrown in for good measure.

Then half an hour of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

Then a thing on BBC Scotland about adverts, some of which were hilarious.

Not just the ones with Billy Connolly, and a really weird one with Harry Secombe dressed as a Scotsman.

And now, in a change to the advertised programme: "Metal at the BBC", most of which I've never heard before & never want to hear again.

It's replaced a documentary about Metal.

Oh, Motorhead playing something I've never heard from them.

Black Sabbath "Paranoid". Oh the relief.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 December 2020, 22:35.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
              grey
              positively King billy

Comment

In New Malden today and its not even a working day. Atari-Ya for nigiri, and some Japanese ingredients. There has to be a Korean takeaway for home consumption, too.

E-Bike conversion has hit a stumbling block. Can't get the bottom bracket out, so the local bike shop has been engaged. Looking for a 26" non-tapered Air fork too...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out

I don't think we got any snow, though. Currently a balmy 3°C, pressure 981mB or 989 when properly adjusted.

I think I'll dig out the Mazes for Programmers book I keep meaning to work through and try out some of its techniques in conjunction with the SpriteKit tile mapping stuff I was mucking around with yesterday

Comment

I gave up on earning a living and instead went to bed for a few hours. Then managed some soup for lunch.

Glad I'm off for the rest of the week.

Comment

Pleased to report that despite festive overindulgence, my weight has remained in the same range as usual

Comment

Working...
                      X