• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      And very nice too

The soup had a good subtle peppery kick

Comment

Japanese horror was tonight's premiere, to wit, Pulse (2001), in which the spirits of the dead find their way back to the world of the living through the Internet. I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that with Netscape Navigator, so I can only assume it was because of some dodgy ActiveX Control that Microsoft bundled with Internet Explorer 4

And then Insurgent (2015) and Allegiant (2016) which is as far as they got with that series. It's a shame they never made the fourth

Anyway, early night now… *checks definition of BST* ah, crap

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Windy overnight, heavy rain this morning. Not sure when we’ll go out for a walk.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Next door's shed is like a swimming pool now the tarp has ripped away in the gale a couple of weeks ago.

I suppose I ought to put another one in place.

Or refelt the fecker again.
            Th previous owners had put box profile steel sheets on the roof of one of them rather than refelting it. But they’d put it on with the channels running across the roof rather than down. I took the sheets off then the tree surgeons were felling the trees, so that if the shed got taken out by accident, I’d still have the sheets.

If the frame of the shed is still stable, maybe a couple of corrugated sheets would work for you - they also strengthen and stabilise it.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ The frame is far from stable, being made by my dad about 40 years ago from ooodles of scrap and suchlike.

It needs demolishing before it collapses the way the ajoining greenhouse nearly did before I took it down.

Last year's tarp lasted a year, though it was porous after 4 months.

Morning.

Bit later.

Very wet, though currently between deluges.

Grey.

Sunny.

Sky is blue in parts, black in others, and grey in between.

16.7 deg in here.

984 mBar, 29.06 in Hg, 738 Torr, 73% RH.

Sunday.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

The Joy of Shopping was increased no end by the road to Tesco being closed by a flood (black water sort), so a trip around the town was needed.

All of which was increased even more by the intermittent torrential rain.

The Examination of The Puddle revealed that, yes, it's still there.

Looks like further action is needed, probably a bit of pointing if I can reach the bits that need it, followed by Yet More Tanking once that mortar has set.

Lunch: roast chicken breasts with sausage, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Which, for no discernible reason turned out to be pretty meh all in all. **

Already bored tulipless with cop26, having not bred, I really don't give much of a tulipe.

The niece & nephew haven't bred either so that's that: end of the line.

Walk walked in the howling gale, not many people out there this afternoon, which was good since it saved me saying "Awright?" a lot (this being the local argot as it were).

Getting dark now, remarkably early.

Tea: the last (thank feck) of the lentil soup I made last Monday, I won't be making that way ever again, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Monster Quest on Blaze: big black cats in septic land.

Doctor Who E1. WTF was going on is beyond me. Have we seen that dog thing before?

I turned the subtitles on.

Some thing about Halloween on S4C.

Escape to the Chateau: only because he's doing the roof.

<sucks teeth> that's gonna be expensive </sucks teeth>

The difficult bits would be the conical bits above the towers.

** Found the roasties and the onion in the oven which explained some of the meh. They were very nice when I was doing the dishes.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 November 2021, 08:56.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Wet n wild today. Much rain, woke me up in the nether regions of the night followed by much wind. Currently between showers which are forecast to hang around until mid-afternoon when the sun might make an appearance. It's 13 degrees at present, high of 14. Barometer down to 990 mBar (maybe 989 mBar).

Bed stripped and first load is in the WM. Yesterday's smalls fortunately dried in time so they have been put away to make room for pillow cases and the like.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                India unveils the 'Statue of Unity' the world's tallest statue measuring 182 meters 2018

Comment

Duvet cover now in the WM.

Mushroom omelette had for brunch.

Rain came and went. It seems to be brightening up now and the wind has eased up.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's raining heavily at the moment and very grey and gloomy out, but it was sunnyish just before that so it's probably only a shower

Currently 12°C which is the best we'll get, and the barometers are down a chunk at 977/985mB

Comment

More stuff I never knew: Irish coal mines:

https://www.nmrs.org.uk/mines-map/co...british-isles/
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X