• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see a comedy play with the karaoke lot last night. Quite good except bit hard to see as a bloke with a big head and enormous ears was sitting in front of me. I was sitting with the ladies as usual. Both ladies either side of me put their hands on my leg. Mmm.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Much rain overnight. Dull, overcast, damp this morning. No active precipitation at this moment. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 14 later. Showers are set to end early afternoon with a chance of a bit of sunshine to end the day. Barometer down to 996 mBar.

After my coffee, I need to do laundry. I also need to do some housework but whether that gets done today or tomorrow remains to be seen. Cinema at 1530.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      The 'Bosphorus Bridge' in Turkey is completed, connecting Europe and Asia over the Bosphorus 1973

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's viewing started with my third or fourth attempt to watch Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and you know what? I just don't think it's going to happen. I got about twenty minutes in this time, having never previously managed more than five or so, and… nah. Not for me
        I quite liked that film. That said, I couldn't tell you what happens in it.

Comment

Finally got around to putting the smalls in the WM.

Outside, it's brightened up considerably.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite Simpsonesque out, presumably as a last-ditch celebration of British Summer Time. Not very warm though: currently 13°C and not getting any better. Barometers slightly up at 987/994mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The 'Bosphorus Bridge' in Turkey is completed, connecting Europe and Asia over the Bosphorus 1973
              Then again:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/on-this-da...145614895.html
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Scotch broth and multiseed bread for lunch

Comment

Two garden buildings re-felted, should keep them water tight over winter
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Two garden buildings re-felted, should keep them water tight over winter
                    Next door's shed is like a swimming pool now the tarp has ripped away in the gale a couple of weeks ago.

I suppose I ought to put another one in place.

Or refelt the fecker again.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Venom: Let There Be Carnage was entertaining enough. 90 mins (or thereabouts) running time is plenty.

Comment

Working...
                      X