• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning - up to take twin a back to Leeds so she can play quidditch at lunchtime
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey. Very grey.

Sunless.

Warmer at 18.1 deg in here.

1024.8 mbar, 30.26 in Hg, 768.66 Torr, 73% RH.

Saturday.

Sun came out.

Walk walked despite the unbearable agony of the feets.

Took the umbrella as a walking stick & in case the remarkably black clouds had ill intent towards me.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on same, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

now.

I must have an ep of Joy of Painting recorded somewhere.

Failing that, DSOTM off "Pulse" stood in very well.

I can't remember the clocks in "Time" so dozing must have been in full flow.

More minor potching in the garage working on the camera system.

Still can't understand why one camera refuses point blank to work, so I dug out a different one which worked first time.

The remaining camera, which I though was defunct turned out to have a bad ground connection that stopped it working.

Replaced the moulded on RCA plug & voila! it worked again.

Tea: spag with another portion of the fiery bol, very nice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last five minutes of "Scotland Yard (1954)" thusly failing to satisfy my longing to see a Wolseley 6/80 again.

Some Alien nonsense of Blaze involving the Dog Star Sirius, some blue stones of unknown origin, and various names for gods all beginning with the letter D.

Apparently the origins of the word "dog" are unknown.

This is seen to be Significant, or rather it's significant if you have crazy alien visitation books to sell.

Then 10 minutes of "Coast" from 2009 about the Isle of Wight.

"The Celts: Blood, Iron, and Sacrifice" with the toothsome Alice Roberts and the less than toothsome Neil Oliver.

After which nothing much appealed, so I potched around a bit, then read Monday links to relieve the tedium slightly.

Loved the comment about building houses near Hanford: "it'll all be fine as long as they don't mow the lawn".
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 October 2021, 21:20.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but reasonably bright. Dry with no precipitation forecast. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 17 later. Barometer down a tiny bit to 1028 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Sir Paul McCartney marries American heiress Nancy Shevell in a small ceremony in London 2011

Comment

Twin A dropped off. Now waiting for twin B to get dressed so we can head into town for errands part 2

Comment

Mist burning off here and friends down from Surrey (not sure if they are going to fill up with petrol and clean drinking water to take back to the wastelands)
            About to go out for a big walk to one of the local pubs.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Twin A dropped off. Now waiting for twin B to get dressed so we can head into town for errands part 2
              Errands complete - so I can now start doing the work I dropped yesterday to look at that IR35 thing.

Comment

It's turned into a lovely day, with the sun shining and no cloud.

HWMBO and I are going to take a stroll out for a spot of late lunch.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite sunny out, with much white fluffiness

Currently a pleasant 18°C, which is as good as it's going to get. Barometers remaining fairly high at 1020/1028mB

Got an email reminding me that I need to collect a book from the Amazon Locker. Usually I get these because I simply haven't bothered yet, but I'd actually forgotten about this one completely

Comment

Last of the corned beef in a sesame bloomer butty for lunch

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X