• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The battered version was actually quite nice. I may get them more often.
    I can't remember if it was the late Sixties or early Seventies when battered fish fingers were first A Thing, but I really liked them

I'm not sure if they then stopped making them for a decade or so, or if my mum didn't get them any more because they were more expensive, but I don't remember encountering them again for many years

Comment

Morning all

Murky out - can just about make out the end of our drive.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

It was cloudy and dull when I got up with sign of a light dampness on the patio tiles. It's brightened up a bit as the sun's risen further but still overcast. Currently 15 degrees and 'hazy' according to my weather app. High expected of 19 with cloud cover likely to remain, potentially clearing around the time the sun starts setting. No rain forecast. Barometer has leapt ever higher and is now at 1026 mBar.

Ended up going to bed very late this morning due to my Tado system being an annoying ******. Didn't oversleep but I definitely didn't want to get up.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Jodie Whitaker debuts in her first full episode as the 13th and first female 'Doctor Who' on BBC television 2018

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Drizzly.

Chilly at 16.9 deg in here.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.8 Torr, 72% RH.

Thursday, judging by the racket made by the waste disposal and recycling engineers earlier.

In other news, my feet hurt.

Despite this, I think it's time for a walk before deep vein thrombosis sets in.

Walk (slightly abbreviated due to foot discomfort) walked in the intermittent drizzle.

Managed not to wear an extra layer today which reduced the overheating and concomitant sweating quite considerable.

Lunch: Heinz ham & lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more NZ Border Patrol with lots of Contac NT concealments, a Ukrainian chap with 60 litres of Indonesian milk, and a mouthy (is there any other kind??) Australian snowboarder caught with an unmarked pill bottle allegedly containing sleeping pills.

I thought him lucky to be allowed through, sans pills, rather than stuck on the next flight back to Oz.

Much of the afternoon was occupied by fixing the Farnell PSU I blew up earlier in the week.

In the end I had to rob a transistor off a scrap pcb out of a laser printer to fix it.

Well a 2n2222 is a bit like a bc182, now isn't it?

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some sliced peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Discovering Humphrey Bogart.

Joy of Painting. On which he's showing us a little birdie, for which I was awake, it being a juvenile cedar waxwing.

Other than that, it had the usual effect.

Turns out that Cadmium Yellow paint contains cadmium. Who'd have thunk it?

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 October 2021, 19:25.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I wonder if my ex boss still has a photo of him & Prince Andrew on his company website.

It must be said that they both looked bored tulipless.

Well that didn't take much finding.

It's still there.

Once you tried a Duke you learn not to puke?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Decided that a fine lunch would be a sausage baguette so popped the last part-baked number in the oven ready for when I do the sausages.

Comment

Current Observation
                Station: Piz Corvatsch, 3294 m above sea level

Temperature -8 °C
                Sunshine 0 of 10 min
                Precipitation 0 mm/h
                Wind speed 38 km/h
                Wind direction NE
                Wind gusts 48 km/h
                Relative humidity 96%
                Pressure 680 hPa Snow coverage 20cn
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Fairly cloudy out, but mild enough at 19°C. Barometers distinctly up again at 1016/1024mB

Got a text inviting me to go for a Covid booster jab

Comment

Sausage baguette was had, and very nice it was too.

Cooked all six in the pack and am currently undecided what to do with the remaining four. Maybe make some mini holey toads.

Comment

The police finally got back to me via email about the number plates being nicked. As expected, there's nothing to be done, but he's "placed markers on the VRM plates" on the PNC

If watching Traffic Cops and Police Interceptors during dinner has taught me anything, it's that this means I can now expect to be pulled over every time I drive in the vicinity of an ANPR camera. Ho hum

Comment

Working...
                      X