• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly has been something most unusual: an episode of Traffic Cops I haven't seen before!

It's due to My5 having started offering S2, which must not have been available for a while

Early night now, ready for the final final day of this gig

Goodnight all

Comment

Watched GBBO and a Grand Designs Revisited.

Bins trundled.

Made a wild claim to my brother that data off his defunct hard drive was highly likely to be recoverable so he's posting that up to me to sort out. It won't arrive until Monday so I have time to Google a plan of action.

Comment

Morning denizens

Still pretty dark out, but once it's light it'll be grey, because it's raining steadily

Quite mild though: 13°C with 15° possible this afternoon, accompanied by a bit of sunshine. But the barometers are way down at 997/1004mB

Looks like the rain may stop for a while in thirty minutes or so, so I may yet get my early walk in. Otherwise, I'll postpone it until later

Comment

Morning all
          TFIF, etc.

Overnight rain has given way to hints of blue sky.

Had to put the heating on last night.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The rain stopped, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The route I took today takes me west over the "hill", then curves round to the north before turning back east. This allowed me to see that the trailing edge of the front that brought the overnight rain was almost directly above me, moving eastwards; it really was very clearly defined, with grey skies to my right and blue to my left at the turn

And by now, it's receding towards the rooftop horizon over the road.

As I got back I ran into the landlord/manager on the side road. He told me he's going away next week and asked if I could sort out the bins in his absence

Comment

Morning.

Yesterday's idiocy: leaving the lid of the freezer up all night.

Ho fecking hum.

Wet. Wet. Wet. With more Wet in case the origninal Wet wasn't Wet enough.

UnDry.

Sunless.

Grey.

Chilly at 17.3 deg in here.

1005 mBar, 29.677 in Hg, 753.8 Torr, 74% RH.

Friday.

The washing frenzy has commenced: smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the pleasant sunshine.

Several drain grids were cleared to reduce the potential for unpleasantness tomorrow.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts roughly ironed and airing.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons out of the TD & airing.

More potching accomplished in the rather pleasant sunshine: uprights installed for the new shelves, and the electrics down to the garage checked out before a more permanent connection is made.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ava Gardner.

Outlier: The story of Katherine Johnson, She being the Black lady who did the orbital maths for John Glenn & much else.

In two minds as to what to watch next: Max Boyce & his favourite beach or Abandoned Engineering (which is likely to be fairly tedious).

Oxwich Bay.

Bethlehem Steel Works.

Lindisfarne Priory.

Some delightful Nazi Aryan breeding program in Poland: Lebensborn.

Lifta, Jerusalem. With a spring: the garden of Jerusalem.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2021, 19:52.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and wet out. It's been raining since before 7am but seems to have briefly paused in its endeavours. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 16 expected. According to the forecast the clouds are due to part and the sun will come out for the rest of the day even though there's still a 70% chance of precipitation Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

In discussing what to do with audit data for a file migration, my BA colleague mentioned it probably will have to stay in some form of a database rather than export it to a flat file. I said that made sense but that we'd probably have to create some queries / reports to help the users access the data. We then bounced some ideas around about how best to achieve that. The BA was mainly concerned that the SSRS server is well out of support so I played the best card I had: chuck it all in an Access Database and put it on a network share They've now stopped talking to me.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                The first Hawaiian stamps 'The Hawaiian Missionaries' are issued 1851

And this is what they look like (less racy than the name suggests)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  The first Hawaiian stamps 'The Hawaiian Missionaries' are issued 1851

And this is what they look like
                  What position do you put them on the envelope?
                  Is it just a quick lick, then position it so you're happy, or do we have to consider the envelope as well?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

What position do you put them on the envelope?
                    Is it just a quick lick, then position it so you're happy, or do we have to consider the envelope as well?
                    Cosmo has you covered (pun intended)

Obviously NSFW

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-lov...issionary-sex/
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

In discussing what to do with audit data for a file migration, my BA colleague mentioned it probably will have to stay in some form of a database rather than export it to a flat file. I said that made sense but that we'd probably have to create some queries / reports to help the users access the data. We then bounced some ideas around about how best to achieve that. The BA was mainly concerned that the SSRS server is well out of support so I played the best card I had: chuck it all in an Access Database and put it on a network share They've now stopped talking to me.
                      I have done all sort of good with Access and I'm a SQL man.

Good call.

I know the sort of idiots that let sql server support lapse.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X