• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all
    A bit of rain overnight, I went out in full wet heat, only to find that it was warm (12C).

Currently listening to a discussion going on in the background about a local hospital trust who are running out of PPE and have been told by NHSSC to source it themselves.
    So far today - I've discovered there has been several "delivery failures" of raw materials as the raw materials where blocked from leaving the originating country and that Leicester Trust are running out of Sterile gloves.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Half listening to something on R4 about the angst women go through in deciding whether or not to have a second child. Of course, there's a life coach who you can pay to tell you you're not a monster for only wanting to raise one child. There was some interesting social science stuff about rates of single child families and how even though it's very common there's still some stigma / hang ups around it.

Second coffee being drunk.

You started on the Gin already??
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Just had a dodgy phone call telling me my amazon prime account will be auto renewed unless I press 1.

Why wouldn't you want Amazon prime to be auto-renewed?
        People have often claimed they were tricked into signing up for Amazon Prime.

I quite like that you can have Business Prime for a discounted fee if you link it to your personal Prime subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          This holiday, I decided to keep track of every item of expenditure. It was a faff but really quite enlightening.

Here's how we spent our dosh:
          Gifts - 7%

You know the way to a mod's heart.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think all the gifts were for ourselves, other than a couple of quid spent on postcards for me mam

Comment

she did get a discount at ButtPlugsRus.com

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                she did get a discount at ButtPlugsRus.com

How much did you give her?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

How much did you give her?
                  well when she said it was for you we gave her our moving MOD discount of 20% off our "big Arse plug - for those who need to plug the more travelled areas. NLyUK swears by it!"

Comment

Walk walked.

Fortunately I had the good sense to have an extra slash before going since I was held up on the way back for at least 15 minutes whilst a tree was felled by the Memorial Gates.

It might have been dead, but by heck it took a lot of felling.

And landed with A Mighty Thump.

Sun's out now.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

That pile of bed linen is being laundered.

Comment

Working...
                      X