• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    How goes The Monkey Bicycle?

We've not heard much recently.
    Still needs a new chain

One of the brake handles is a bit broken too, though you can still apply it as long as you're on the lower bit of the drop handlebars

Comment

My bike is immediately under the drip in the shed.

It needs two new tyres and tubes.

Plus they don't make white 16 x 2" tyres any more.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the interests of keeping the washing machine from getting bored, the towels of colour have been washed

I gave them a 60°C wash which defaults to the 1600rpm spin, and forgot to drop it down to 800rpm. Unfortunately, due to the uneven Victorian floorboards beneath the lino, going at that speed has a tendency make it shake alarmingly, and probably cause bits of ceiling plaster to fall into the soup in the kitchen of the flat below. So I had to go and hold it steady while it got its first spin done, then pause it so I could change the setting. By way of experiment I only moved it down to 1200rpm for the second and final spin, but that proved to lead to a bit of shaking too, so until I get around to stabilising it somehow it looks like I'm still stuck on 800

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the interests of keeping the washing machine from getting bored, the towels of colour have been washed

I gave them a 60°C wash which defaults to the 1600rpm spin, and forgot to drop it down to 800rpm. Unfortunately, due to the uneven Victorian floorboards beneath the lino, going at that speed has a tendency make it shake alarmingly, and probably cause bits of ceiling plaster to fall into the soup in the kitchen of the flat below. So I had to go and hold it steady while it got its first spin done, then pause it so I could change the setting. By way of experiment I only moved it down to 1200rpm for the second and final spin, but that proved to lead to a bit of shaking too, so until I get around to stabilising it somehow it looks like I'm still stuck on 800
          I had a girlfriend who used that excuse for sitting on the WM whilst on spin.
          I wasn't fooled.

Comment

It's warm in Lisbon!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              It's warm in Lisbon!

really?

Comment

Dinner has been thai chilli lamb with pillow rice.
                and rioja.
                and very nice too.
                ents is a QoS for now, with Vera later.
                then, who knows? it's friday.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  It's warm in Lisbon!

I went to Lisbon before the pandemic. I liked a lot of the people.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Anyway went to see a friend. All good.

Came home and had curry plus wine.

Watching 1990s pop stars complaining about Top of The Pops.

Comment

Oh it's Adamski...

Comment

Working...
                      X